Sheehan Arrested During Anti-War Protest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050926/ap_on_re_us/war_demonstrations

Cindy Sheehan, the California woman who has used her son’s death in Iraq to spur the anti-war movement, was arrested Monday while protesting outside the White House.

Sheehan and several dozen other protesters sat down on the sidewalk after marching along the pedestrian walkway on Pennsylvania Avenue. Police warned them three times that they were breaking the law by failing to move along, then began making arrests.

Sheehan, 48, was the first taken into custody. She stood up and was led to a police vehicle while protesters chanted, “The whole world is watching.”

Sheehan’s 24-year-old son, Casey, was killed in an ambush in Sadr City, Iraq, last year. She attracted worldwide attention last month with her 26-day vigil outside
President Bush’s Texas ranch.

Sheehan was among several hundred demonstrators who marched around the White House on Monday and then stopped in front and began singing and chanting “Stop the war now!”

The demonstration is part of a broader anti-war effort on Capitol Hill organized by United for Peace and Justice, an umbrella group. Representatives from anti-war groups were meeting Monday with members of Congress to urge them to work to end the war and bring home the troops.

The protest following a massive demonstration Saturday on the National Mall that drew a crowd of 100,000 or more, the largest such gathering in the capital since the war began in March 2003.

On Sunday, a rally supporting the war drew roughly 500 participants. Speakers included veterans of World War II and the war in Iraq, as well as family members of soldiers killed in Iraq.

You don’t mess vit zer Gestapo!

(Oh, and the whole world may be watching, but damn, it sure is underreported in the Land of the Free.)

It’s part of the plan, Saturday a march, Sunday practice getting arrested, Monday get arrested. I support her, but this isn’t really Gestapo, it’s everyone playing their role.

H.

Under reported? I think Sheehan has been hugely over reported. I truly do not give a shit what some self-important attention whore is doing to try to get anyone at all to care about her incoherent rantings.

Where would we be without incoherent rantings?

Give peace a chance!

:lol:

Well, that’s different, see. That particular coke-addled knucklehead is the CEO of my nation, so I am willing to put in the effort to try and parse his language for meaning. Bush, god protect us, is the most powerful man in the world just now. Sheehan is a media artifact.