Shoot Club is here, Shoot Club is here!

Eh. Don’t believe the hype. Every last word is true, Tom just wants keep his geek rating lower than it actually is. :P

I thought Tom was Trevor myself. Didn’t someone say a writer had to distance himself from his work? (ahhh, looks like the emoticons have suffered a server crash due to overuse.)

Well, whoever wrote it, it was damm funny. And true. And funny. And true.

DeanCo–

I know it’s pedantic of me, but I am not the narrator in the story! It’s first person fiction. Tom Chick wrote it, but he does not appear in it.

For persons with less than 750 on the Verbal section of the SAT,

pedantic: 1: of, relating to, or being a pendant 2: narrowly, stodgily, and often ostenatiously learned<~concern with detail>

I’m guessing Tom means definition #2.

If Tom isn’t the main character, what is his name?

correct me if I’m wrong, but I assumed it was left intentionally vague so that we could relate to him better.

Sort of like in the book/movie Fight Club. We never actually learn the narrator’s name- he just cynically referrs to himself as Jack because of the books they found in the old house.

…which makes it all the more clear who has seen the film (or read the book) Fight Club before reading Tom’s column.

–Dave

I am enjoy the funnay.

Bestest:

“I don’t know. I said I checked Gone Gold, not EB’s site. Gone Gold said maybe today. Also, Rich LaPorte had waffles for breakfast this morning. Last night he watched Hardball with his wife and then played Dungeon Siege for a few hours.”

Whoa!! You guys are back. Great news!!! (especially with PlanetCrap being sold to the Evil Empire and all).

RE: Shoot Club

ROTFLMAO!!! Man Tom, that was freaking hilarious. :lol:

Whoa, what’s this now? Derek Smart showing up on a message board without someone saying his name three times and it’s not to defend his games from trolls? Whoa, between this and Qt3 coming back, we must truly be near the End Times. :shock:

Sure, whatever Tom… I think nearly all of the members of Shoot Club are really just different manifestations of Tom and his wacked-out surrealistic world.

The problem is, it seems like I live in a part of that wacked-out surrealistic world.

— Alan

hehe, I was always a regular but rarely posted. Even on the old boards I posted once in a while.

As for the stalking miscreants (sp), I think they’ve given up chasing me around. At least for now. :)

hehe, I was always a regular but rarely posted. Even on the old boards I posted once in a while.

As for the stalking miscreants (sp), I think they’ve given up chasing me around. At least for now. :)[/quote]

oops, I guess I should login before posting. Sorry folks.

No, it just defines obssessive people. Same deal if you’re looking for a new record album and the store didn’t get it in yet. Or a new movie. Or whatever.