Should one play The Witcher before playing The Witcher 2?

I got hit with that issue last night myself. Took a good 6-7 attempts to luck out in bringing down the boss. Just a horrible chain of events starting with an auto-save that forces you into a long string of dialogue options, followed by a cutscene(skippable thankfully!), then directly into a fight the player is clearly unprepared for.

Even spending the first few seconds quaffing every buff potion leaves you surrounded and near dead by the time you are officially ‘ready to fight now!’. I lucked out with the most unsatisfying force-push move that magically stunned the boss into an insta-kill sword swipe. It was a limp end to a long and engrossing first chapter of this quest.

It’s really the only ‘what were they thinking??’ moments so far though. Everything else has been a delight.

I got hit with that issue last night myself. Took a good 6-7 attempts to luck out in bringing down the boss. Just a horrible chain of events starting with an auto-save that forces you into a long string of dialogue options, followed by a cutscene(skippable thankfully!), then directly into a fight the player is clearly unprepared for.

Even spending the first few seconds quaffing every buff potion leaves you surrounded and near dead by the time you are officially ‘ready to fight now!’. I lucked out with the most unsatisfying force-push move that magically stunned the boss into an insta-kill sword swipe. It was a limp end to a long and engrossing first chapter of this quest.

It’s really the only ‘what were they thinking??’ moments so far though. Everything else has been a delight.