Shows you recommend to others

Have y’all seen Brisco County Jr?! Awesome Bruce Campbell stuff! :-)

I am far too classic :(

• The Wire
  • Life on Mars
  • Dollhouse
  • Game of Thrones
  • Galactica (new version)
  • Star Trek New Generation
  • Farscape
  • LEXX
  • IT Crownd
  • House
  • Rome
  • Ghost in the Shell (anime)
  • Chobits (anime)

I don’t watch a lot of TV, but my wife likes to. We have Hulu and Amazon Prime for streaming. Can you recommend some shows from there that you like?

I browsed the forum a bit and came up with these as possibilities, but I welcome more. Also if you comment on the ones I came up with it would be helpful.
Fear the Walking Dead
Sneaky Pete
The Expanse
I love You America

Others?

Thanks!

Always loved Robot Chicken. They aren’t making new ones are they?

Not sure what’s on Amazon Prime in the US, but in terms of originals I like:

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
The Tick
Patriot
The Man In The High Castle
Comrade Detective

Amazon has Batman: The Animated Series. Watch ALL of it.

Also Justified.

This show is hilarious… when I can understand what he’s saying!

Thanks for the Suggestions - I added The Tick, Patriot, and Justified to my watch list.

We’ve already watched The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, which my wife loves. I think she tried The Man in High Castle and didn’t get too into it.

We started with Sneaky Pete, which has been pretty good so far. I wanted to lead with Fear the Walking Dead, but my wife wasn’t in the mood for zombies.

The good place

Rectify

Maybe one of the best shows ever.

4 seasons of 6, 10, 6, and 8 episodes.

Deep characters that actually grow and learn from their experiences. Protagonists that fuck up and don’t deus ex machina out of their problems. Great acting.

This is the definition of must see TV.

Yeah Rectify is god damn amazing and should be at the top of anyone’s list who hasn’t seen it. cc @tomchick

We both like that and watched it.

Doesn’t seem to be on Amazon Prime video or Hulu. Maybe next time we switch back to Netflix if it is there.

All four seasons of Rectify are available on Netflix. I agree it is one of the best shows ever.

I quite enjoyed the Tick.

Mozart in the Jungle is pretty soapy but also pretty well done. Some of the episodes have some delightful camera work.

I think it fell off free Amazon Prime rotation, but The Magicians first two seasons are on Netflix and I’ve really grown to love that show by season 3. If you dropped it in season 1 give it another go.

Oh man, The Shield! It was sort of a proto-Breaking Bad in the sense that that the main character is so morally dubious. Incredible show that, like BB, is sometimes hard to watch because you’re often thinking “There’s no way this is going to end well.”

The first two episodes of Spartacus are terrible. It gets much better pretty quickly thereafter. Those first couple, though. Hooboy.

I also refer you to

Thanks wumpus