Sid Meier's Beyond Earth - Alpha Centauri 2?!

Ohhh that looks VERY intriguing.

I fully expect you’ll be bored by the time you wait a stupid amount of time to complete a ridiculous victory condition. Meanwhile the natural flora will be annoying and contribute nothing to the gameplay, possibly already gone extinct by midgame, and the incessant bothersome turn interruptions by the AI wanting to trade diplo currency will destroy whatever shreds of sanity you have remaining.

Yeah, I do often times think about playing this game too, and just have to remind myself there are better games out there.

Hmmm…maybe back to Pandora instead.

Going with your recommendation.

I already have the base game, and decided to get the DLC directly from Slitherine, since I had a loyalty coupon. I expected to get a Steam key, but got a link to a download instead.

After downloading I found the installer wouldn’t let me manually set the destination, and it couldn’t find the Steam install, so failed. I tried manually pasting the binaries, documents, and data folder, but now I just get a runtime error on launch.

Any idea how to make the version directly from Slitherine play nice with the Steam version of the game?

Gah I sadly have no idea. I’d contact slitherine and see if they’ll give you a Steam key.

I did and they showed me how to get one. Thanks

Oh that’s awesome! Yay!

If I recall, the Pandora dlc included a wholly revamped AI created by a community member that made the ai challenging and drastically improved the game as a result. Or maybe it needs to be downloaded elsewhere. I really can not remember right now.

I was thinking those are the Gladius folks as well right, and then wondered what they are currently up to. They are working on this:

I saw that! Very exciting!

That reminds me that I need to play Pandora one of these days. I own it, so…

I was wondering what changed about Beyond Earth when I saw this thread with so many posts. Apparently nothing changed.