Silent Hill: non-spoiler review

Why do I get the feeling that if this movie had subtitles, it would be an instant classic?

Now I’m getting in the mood to play Sh2 again as well, the problem with me is that in each silent hill game, there’s always one part which shows how inept I am at surivial horror puzzles. Sh1, the damm piano puzzle, and Sh2 the dresser with the coins.

So if all the monsters James saw are represenations of James repressed desires, then why would the pyramid heads try to kill him? I guess if you count sexual repressions, that could explain the pyramid head in the apartment…

So if all the monsters James saw are represenations of James repressed desires, then why would the pyramid heads try to kill him?

Why do you think? Because he’s EEEVIILLLLLLLL!

Alright I’ll take that, now if someone can anwser what the hell is with the radio in each game I would be happy to know.

Pyramid Heads try to kill him because James believes that he deserves to die.

The radio static is to warn you of an incoming monster that you can’t see because of the fog/darkness. No other reason.

Here check this page out:

http://www.translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg48-49SH2Creature.jpg

To be honest, I haven’t seen the original in maybe three years now. But I’m a big fan of revisiting classic horror films, keeping them 95% intact, and recutting them with new directors and approaches and moedrn equipment. For example, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is totally righteous, but I also thoroughly enjoyed the remake which was very close to the original.

Double post… Sorry

Aye, that makes sense. In Silent Hill the ultimate executioner = pyramid head (there’s a history here. SH had an old ancient prison, which is vividly represented in game). James believing he should be executed ( now that I remember the tape, how’d I forget that part?!? Thanks A!) invokes… an executioner.

So, now that my interest has been rekindled in SH2, which version is the best to play? I have the xbox version somewhere I think, but I remember being a little less than impressed (perhaps due to those 4 hours Angie mentioned). But I’d rather play the “right” version if at all possible (I still curse the day I picked up BG&E on PS2 out of laziness).

The only real difference betwen the Xbox and the PS/2 version is that extra scenario with Maria. Which doesn’t add anything really. Seriously, it’s an extra chapter that lasts an hour or so and doesn’t add anything extra to the main story.

The only real SH2 is the one the developers made. PS/2 or Xbox, the original game is the exact same between the two.

There’s a Greatest Hits version for the PS2 that also contains the Maria sidestory. It also says the graphics are tuned up from the original, but I wouldn’t know.

I like the extra scenario, and would go on to say that it does add a bit of additional “feeling” of Maria. Really, though, it’s a little more SH, which is good.

I’d get the PS2 Greatest Hits, but that is soley because I like the PS2 controller more.

I see. Thanks.

Dude, I could kiss you for this.

Seriously - thank you very much, Jazar, I’ve wanted to read this for ages.

I shouldn’t have to tell you guys that the whole website kicks ass. :)

Who the hell is that guy? Why does it look like he has 73 legs and what’s going on with the pyramid head? Feel free to PM me the answers. And no, I’ve never played a Silent Hill game nor seen the movie. I’m not much into horror stuff.

Why are you in this thread?

Pyramid Head, whose actual name is Red Pyramid according to the game itself, is a dude with a pyramid over his head, and some awesome huge weapons, and a strong desire to rape and kill things. His imagry is taken from the executioners who operated in first the Civil War-era pow camp that existed on the site of Silent Hill, and then the prison exeuctioners. They wore peaked red hoods over their heads, which in Silent Hill turns into a sharp metal pyramid.

In the games, he is created from James’s repressed sexual and violent urges. He takes the form of the executioner because James wants to be punished for what he has done. Everything about Pyramid Head exists to remind James of his crime and punish him for it.

In the movie, he’s just a badass monster that comes out when the world goes to the otherside.

He does not have a lot of legs. He’s just carrying a body with him.