Silicon Valley (HBO)

At the same time, it’s getting a bit old and predictable. You know, with 100% certainty, that if Richard yells at someone, he is going to need his or her help in the very near future.

I’m also not sure what SliceLine’s business model was. But that never stopped an internet business from existing so whatevs.

Agreed. I loves me some Jian-Yang

That was pretty interesting. Good to see Thomas Middleditch is every bit as nerdy in real life as the character he plays on the show. One of us!

I really liked the design on his custom “case”. If I ever move and am forced to ditch the monstrosity of a desk I currently use (it’s a sprawling 4-piece custom built modern modular thing I bought used from a furniture store years ago for a song because they couldn’t sell it to anybody) I want to do something like that, incorporating my PC and accessories into something furniture-like and then having a tri-monitor display either wall-mounted or set back on a large swath of otherwise clean (excepting mouse and keyboard) work space.

Look who I was surprised to see in a movie I got to watch this week, thanks to @marquac.

-xtien

I will forever think of him as the mormon he played in Big Love.

I had no idea he was in 12 Monkeys though. Very cool find.

I was recently rewatching the US version of The Office and that guy was a Schrute!

I was a tad a disappointed. It is still the only comedy show I watch and I laughed a ton, but I think it only has a couple of season left.

On the other hand their marketing is beyond awesome.

A great video of a drone delivering a pizza.

Great episode. The description of Richard’s orientation speech had me in stitches, as well as the electric vehicle competition.

“Why does the whole neighborhood smell like bacon?” :)

I loved Jin-Yang insulting his bucket of pig ashes and calling it Ehrlich.

My son and I watched the first two episodes of the season last night. We laughed at the doctor’s coma/robot spiel, and the electric vehicle competition. Also, the “stallions” was hilarious, so reminded me of some engineers I know.

Richard totally pulled a Gavin move by running Sliceline out of money so he could acquire them (and the Emoji people). On the other hand, this seems like something that could come full circle in the way the Silicon Valley writers like to, where having bought up Sliceline and/or the Emoji company will end up saving Richard’s ass by the end of the season somehow.

As funny as Richard’s public speaking anxiety was, I find it difficult to believe as several times throughout the series he’s had to speak to people, represent his company, and in the early seasons, lead the Pied Piper team at Tech Crunch, which was a whole lot more people than just a room full of coders. I guess it could be the leadership aspect that triggers his Or Flight Response…not so much talking to people as having to lead/inspire them. Jared was his usual hilarious self throughout, which made it even better.

I love how to this day “Jared” is still called that even though that’s not his actual name. Was that an Erlich thing or a Gavin Belson thing?

I think it was less the public speaking aspect and more the sudden awareness that he was running a real company which would have to have HR and policies and what not.

OMG how much of an idiot is Dinesh sometimes? Great episode tonight, albeit in keeping with the formula.

Good look for TJ Miller.

Wait, are you putting this in the thread of any project T.J. Miller has been in?

Kind of a sad story, sounds to me like he may have a drinking/drug problem. :(

I really loved the bit where Richard was trying to make it seem like he was eating alone, when two beef pot pies arrive at the table, one with carrots and one without.

Yeah, I just couldn’t stop laughing through that whole sequence.

That exact restaurant scenario is such well-trodden comedy ground, I was really tickled they were able to mine a clever joke out of it.