Since avatars are now for everyone, what Patreon perk should replace it?

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the new Quarter to Three forum:

Since avatars are now a global feature for all users (you get an avatar! and you get an avatar!) can we brainstorm about what cool Patreon perk Tom can replace it with? What’d be cool / useful / interesting?

Let’s brainstorm!

Avatars weren’t a Patreon perk. They were a perk for people who donated money specifically for avatars.

As for the Patron campaign, I’d rather not crowdsource this just yet. I have some idea that I’d like to figure out on my own. If the folks who support the Patreon campaign aren’t happy with it, or want something more/different, we can talk about it then.

-Tom

All right, if no community brainstorming is needed, feel free to close this topic with the admin wrench. My bad!

I wouldn’t mind that everyone gets avatars but since this topic is brought up, how about a special badge for those who did donate for avatars back in the old forum. Wait, did we disable badges here?

I HATE badges and other forum “Achievements”.

I’m one of the people who donated and I’d be happy with nothing. The way I see it: I donated to get an avatar in the old forum, which I got. Nothing promised me special treatment on this forum.

This might just be me but I think there’s too much focus on decorating profiles and standing out from the crowd. I liked QT3 because of its (perceived) minimalist design.

Everyone who donated gets a LIKE button!

Now we’re talkin’!

And a circle avatar, and a forum achievement! We’re going to be the coolest, hippest people here. :)

Wendelius

I’d like a personalized forum theme for Patreon supporters, something in gold , lets call it TRUMP style. ;)

Making Qt3 Great Again! ;)

Dunno if this is still something under consideration, but maybe people who donate (Patreon, or whatever) could get a personalized tagline? I only say this because I am not cool enough to get one given to me, and I’d be willing to pay for it!

I understand @tomchick is the sole dispenser of tag lines. The good news is with a post like that one, Tom may find it in his heart to bestow one upon you. The bad news is you may not actually like it! ;)

Well, yeah, I understand how it works now, but I was trying to come up with something that could be a perk. And I didn’t see much of anything that I thought was serious prior to that. But if Tom wants to be the ultimate tag line dispenser, that’s cool too.

I am legitimately going to piss myself when Tom adds ‘not cool enough for a tag-line’ as your tag-line, though! ;)

Titles might be getting, uh, tinkered with. I hope no one is too attached to a current title…

-Tom

Incoming: Commercial sponsors for taglines

sharaleo Spells “honor” incorrectly - brought to you by Guinness™

I actually prefer everyone has an avatar - it’s easier to identify users at a glance (especially with the new board). I’m not opposed to other rewards for support, though it makes me uneasy when I think of some of the more toxic communities out there (Evil Avatar, for example) where not having a specific color in your name or whatever reward nets you being effectively ignored/shunned. I’m not really worried about it - Qt3 is a loooooong ways away from an Evil Avatar.

I am very attached to “____” as a matter of fact. Please don’t take nothing from me–it’s all I’ve got!

Don’t make me finish SR4! I’m just crazy enough to do it!