Since avatars are now for everyone, what Patreon perk should replace it?

Incoming: Commercial sponsors for taglines

sharaleo Spells “honor” incorrectly - brought to you by Guinness™

I actually prefer everyone has an avatar - it’s easier to identify users at a glance (especially with the new board). I’m not opposed to other rewards for support, though it makes me uneasy when I think of some of the more toxic communities out there (Evil Avatar, for example) where not having a specific color in your name or whatever reward nets you being effectively ignored/shunned. I’m not really worried about it - Qt3 is a loooooong ways away from an Evil Avatar.

I am very attached to “____” as a matter of fact. Please don’t take nothing from me–it’s all I’ve got!

Don’t make me finish SR4! I’m just crazy enough to do it!

Two ideas:

1. A SINGLE view of every new / updated post since last visit
  2. A mark all read button that works on EVERY thread everywhere.

No need to spam the request in every thread. I think most people are aware that some posters really want this by now.

I wouldn’t mind a badge, because it’s innocuous, or being able to set my own title, personally. But I really have no expectation of any kind of reward because I had an avatar on the old forum.

So whatever happens, or if nothing happens, it’s all good.

Wendelius

PS: the thread for feature requests is here: Discourse Changes & Enhancements

Everybody who Patreons will get a free Tom Chick of Finland [tm] pic

:)

Speaking of avatars and replacements, I’m getting sorely confused by people who changed theirs post move. Looking at the thread I wondered who this was, farewell skeleton cat!

I second these suggestions.

Yuck, the quote feature is screwing up formatting.

Beer, preferably free.

As a Belgian, I wish there was a " I really like this" button. :)

How about a beret on our avatar? Or a plush tapir?

But seriously… I don’t think folks are owed anything. I was happy to throw a few bucks at a board that’s provided me so much entertainment for about 15 years now.

This is now possible – the Patreon plugin is installed, so forum.qt3 can offer a Patreon avatar flair, or a custom title.

Of course, it’s up to @tomchick to configure it and get the Patreon auth set up, and then decide what the Patreon perks look like overall.

Aw sweet:

Also @tomchick how can you hate avatars, look at how amazing Scotten’s avatar is. It’s fucking GREAT. As are everyone else’s avatars, except @stusser’s avatar. Which sucks.

Some do line up better than others, but Scotten’s is in a class by itself. It’s the Doom marine fellating a Patreon logo!

-Tom

This can only result in a civil war between patrons and non-patrons. By the looks of it, @tomchick will be on the opposing side.

Yeah, @tomchick, way to not publicly support @tomchick. Kind of a dick move, TBH.

huh? How does this work? Do I have to automate something to get the patreon avatar thingie attached?

edit: Eh - nevermind!

I’m guessing you match via email? @wumpus
Time to change email id in Discourse!

You dare use the old Patreon logo?! The powers-that-be of Patreon shall surely be wrathful.