Single-Elimination Tournament for Qt3 PC Game of the Year

Segregate based on platform. It makes life easier for everyone. :D

Why not break it out by PC, Xbox, PS2, and GC first, then have a final tourney between the platform champs?

There’s no sense in voting between Vietcong and Disagea.

There’s no sense in voting between Vietcong and Disagea.

Yeah, Vietcong clearly is a better game. :P

That said, I agree with Denny. It’s already enough as it is because hardly any of us has played all of the suggested PC titles. Plus the multiplatform approach tends to end up in cross platform debates.

How do you classify multi-platform titles like Rainbow Six 3, KotOR and Prince of Persia?

I think it’s okay to make just a console contest and a PC contest. The more divisive you get, the more you encourage console wars… and if I wanted to deal with that, I’d be at the IGN forums right now.

Hopefully people who are going to vote for a game just because it’s exclusive on their favorite console will either not vote, or we will just have to factor in fanboyism in the margin of error. Of course since everyone hasn’t played every game in contests like these, there will always be flaws in them. But that doesn’t make them not fun anyway.

What? No Silent Storm?

Unless people provide more objections to the entries or offer possible titles upcoming in 2003, I’m going to begin the tournament tonight.

I like the Console/PC idea, with the winners matching up. I’d rather not run the Console tourney though. Someone can take a look at the format for the upcoming PC tourney if they want some instruction and then do one for Consoles.

Separately. Games can have one entry in Consoles and one in PCs.

Silent Storm will likely replace Max Payne 2.

What about Halo? That may be my GotY

I think performance issues and heightened expectations hurt the perception of this one as well as Deus Ex 2. Which is too bad, since at least they’re different, whereas something like Max Payne 2 gets off scot-free despite not even trying to offer anything new. Bleh.

Is this an Extreme Elimination? Someone get Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano.