Sins of a Solar Empire on X-Play tonight

I’m pretty shameless about that kind of thing. I know the bounty system is something I’ll be…borrowing for the fantasy strategy game.

For those not familiar with the bounty system, picture the barbarians in Civilization 4 except more numerous. Now imagine if each player could put a price on other player’s heads anonymusly which encouraged the barbarians to attack that player.

It seems like such an obvious feature in hindsight. Most games have a barbarian/pirate/bandit game mechanic but they acted largely randomly. Now they can be manipulated.

Um when will sose be available in germany?

I think that Starships Unlimited allowed something like that with the pirates that were in the game.

Can the bounty only be claimed by pirates or can other players claim bounty on an opponent?

Anyone can claim the bounty. Each ship or structure destroyed provides money that comes from the bounty fund. So it also makes FFA more interesting since bounties are provided anonymously.

If you can download it digitally, Feb 4. Otherwise, it’s going to be a bit. We had a hard time finding distributors in Germany to get it into retail.

But I think we’ve got one now so it’s just a matter of translation I think.

Cool, looking forward to it. It looks like Ironclad has put a lot of work into it since the last beta release. The countdown on the site hits zero a week from Tuesday and there was mention of going gold next week. Is 2/4 the Stardock Central release date with on store shelves to follow, or can we expect it in stores on 2/4?

And the untranslated version? will that be available in germany? I personally dont like to buy via download.

Their download service (Stardock) is about 11 kinds of awesome though. Compared to others anyway.

Cool segment btw guys. Brad that battle looked fantastic, even the explosion was very sweet looking, I can’t wait. Also a quick question, will we have to redownload everything from the beta build or will it patch in the live build up to the correct version?

Urgh, I disagree. It’s clunky incarnate. However, I would buy stuff though it. I dislike the way elements of it work, but I don’t… dislike it.

If you buy the retail version you can link it to the download service right? So if you can’t find your CD’s ou can still get it?

It’s always worked that way for me. In fact, I don’t think I’ve bought any games directly through SDC until Sins. Once you input the CD key, SDC treats it the same as a direct download.

That is awesome. Thanks!

Ok this looks good. I am having trouble buying it though. I have 6 tokens in my TGN account, and it says Game Price: 5 tokens. Yet, when I hit Buy Game within Stardock Central, it pushes me to a website where I am asked to purchase it for $49.95 USD.

Edit: I was able to use tokens when I went directly to http://totalgaming.stardock.com/

The video was enough to convince me to buy. Right now debating whether to pay via tokens to get into the beta so I can play now, or order the special edition from the website.

What does the special edition have over the regular edition?

I’ve looked around online and I see the regular edition at the usual places, gogamer,amazon, gamestop, ect.
No mention of the special edition.

I just reinstalled Stardock Central and found that both servers give me a whopping 15 KB/sec. More bandwidth please! :(

Wondering if any hardcore 4X players out there can chime in with early impressions on this one? Is there room for this game with GalCiv2 currently taking up all my time? :)

-Chris

So, it’s RTS right? But is it frantic RTS? I prefer TBS, especially for this type of game, but I’m not vehemently opposed to RTS unless there is a lot of micromanagement and memorizing of build orders that are necessary in order to win.