Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

We used to, prior to the big box retailers spining pc games and shrinking the section until it (virtually) disappeared. Then Steam took over.

I recently started playing this and I am having problem with the search feature to find ships and structures.

For example, I want to find all my star bases, I search for star bases. Then nothing happens. I do not get any kind of list of where all my star bases are. Similarly I was looking for the star base constructor and had no idea what kind category it was under.

Another heads up, the v1.04 beta is up. Several news map and various fixes.

I got an email about this and it told me that I could be updated via steam. So I load steam and it is not updating this game. Then I go to the game properties in steam and it is set to NOT automatically update this game. I set it to automatic updates and wait for it to update. Only it doesn’t. I go back and it is once again set to NOT update the game. I can’t make that setting stick. Does anyone know what is going on?

I believe you need to enroll in the beta. That’s somewhere in the settings for Steam, not the game.

Man, I hope this goes on sale during the holiday Steam sale, I am so ready to get back into Sins. I missed most of the expansions, only getting the very first one (I can’t even remember what it was called), but I just loved it when it first came out.

Nice to see the developers are keeping on top of improving the game with great support, so far.

No idea. Never seen a game default to “Do not automatically update” before.

I checked the default beta area in Steam/settings and there wasn’t anything for SoaSE in there. It is listing the 1.04 patch in the update history for the game though.

I had the same issue. Right-click, go to Properties, and verify integrity of game cache. When I did so it told me that the game needed to be converted to a “new, more efficient format”. When completed, it said “Missing content being downloaded” and it patched me up.

Interesting - thanks for the heads up, Kevin.

I had the same issue. Right-click, go to Properties, and verify integrity of game cache. When I did so it told me that the game needed to be converted to a “new, more efficient format”. When completed, it said “Missing content being downloaded” and it patched me up.

Sounds like the game got caught up in Steam’s transition to incremental patches. They’ve stopped doing the “dowload the whole .exe all over again” thing and started just downloading what’s new, but individual “legacy” games on your hard drive need to be tweaked before they can be updated using the incremental method.

When that happened to Payday on me recently, it picked up on the new update system after I restarted Steam, so I didn’t have to manually do the check local files bit. It took a while to download enough to re-jigger it to accept incremental updates.

When did steam switch to this new format? Some of these games I have installed are going to be a real bitch when they are many gigs big.

Looks like collectors editions will finally be coming out , a few bucks cheaper now too! And there are also lesser priced options for specific parts of the CE.

http://sinsofasolarempire.com/rebellioncollector.aspx

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/433033

Heads up!

v1.1 was released today with new maps, balance, and various fixes.

Full changelog: http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?aid=436588

Bitchin

Thanks for the tip!

Good timing! I’m sort of between games, so this is a great time to fire this back up and check out the improvements.

Anyone else have a problem with the Steam version where the .exe/process stays unless you manually kill it after exiting the game? Have verified local files and redownloaded 3 times.

I am officially too old to play RTSs. If I can’t play one as leisurely paced as Sins I am probably done with the genre for good. I just get aggravated jumping around between planets to build stuff and fight battles. Now I’m sad because it seems like a pretty good game even if I’m not a space game guy.

I am officially too old to play RTSs. If I can’t play one as leisurely paced as Sins I am probably done with the genre for good. I just get aggravated jumping around between planets to build stuff and fight battles. Now I’m sad because it seems like a pretty good game even if I’m not a space game guy.

Sins has adjustable game speed.