Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Sins of Galactic Empires is a good Star Wars mod, and I also play the Star Trek Armada 3 mod which is fairly hefty now.

Although I’m yet to have a game where i can beat the Borg.

I’m obligated to throw in Star Wars: Ascendancy as my preferred Star Wars mod, covering ~5 years after the Battle of Endor in the good ol’ no-longer-canon of days past and made by the creators of a similar (and equally delightful) mod for Star Wars: Empire at War.

Oh yes, that one too. I had a reinstall so only put 1 ST and 1 SW mod on and forgot about STA, I see it has a Sovereign class titan, which is basically a Super Star Destroyer with a spine mounted uber-laser. If the Empire and First Order just churned out them instead of Death Stars and other impractical superweapons they would have fared better than they did.

Holy shit that stuff looks good!

If you’re new to the game, my one single piece of advice is to not underestimate repair and support ships. Both for your fleets, but also when in a pitched battle.

I tend to play maps with 3 suns, 250ish colonizable planets and very tight positioning of planets and hyperlanes and 6 or so AIs and focus on fleet actions. Will be lots of max-speed building to get tech trees up to max tier asap.

You can get some oddities like planets above and below the plane if you play around with the settings, not sure if people have seen that.

I’m finding that the UI is a little fuzzy on my HD display. Are there options to change the UI scaling like in Galactic Civ 3?

Yes, under options->user interface->Interface Scale

The new DLC is out. I’m going through the tutorials again to remember how to play before deciding whether to buy it and get back into the game.

Rebellion appears to be free at the moment on Steam.

You are correct. Free for 48 hours - and all the DLC is on sale (even the new one that just came out today).

What’s the order of games? I couldn’t figure out between Rebellion/Trinity etc.

Sins -> Trinity -> Rebellion

Does anyone have an opinion on the other available DLC for Rebellion?

Rebellion free for 2 days:

This requires the base version of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, and this RT4X game is available for free for the next two days on Steam for those who missed the last time this was given away.

When it says Rebellion is free does that mean the base game and you only need to buy the expansions? Or only free to try for two days and then you buy it?

If you download it now, the base game will be yours forever (or for as long as Steam lasts anyways).

Ha! Fun fact: I first bought Sins on Impulse, which is now defunct.

You’ll be able to download from Stardock, if you recall your email that you used. Or … you can just get it free from Steam, lol.

If I have Rebellion is there any reason to have the others?