Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Looks like Rebellion will use Steamworks - good news IMO, but some antiSteam fanatics might jump from bridge :).

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion/1219036p1.html

Ahhh, nice! I’ve found to be SteamWorks to be a real solid MP platform.

I only wonder if LAN is going to work like it did in the previous installments, not being a true MP kind of guy.

I would hope so, don’t see why not! I also very rarely do the online MP thing… just with RL friends, but we try to do that via LAN when possible.

I didn’t see it posted earlier, but here’s the first teaser trailer.

:D

Damn nice teaser trailer, looks like the cgi budget got a bump since last game.

Sounds like the beta is live. Anyone?

Where would I check to see if I’m in?

Also, how do we apply or get into the beta? Is it with pre-order only?

I’m a big SOASE fan and have been playing it with (the must-have) Distant Stars mod.

Identity.stardock.com - Login

Log in and see if you have a download button for the Sins Rebellion preorder. I do!

No download button for me… but I’m having trouble finding out if I pre-ordered it. I’m pretty sure I did. Email sent to Stardock. They’ve always been helpful.

Apparently you only get your sn from SD.

• I know I’m a silly old fuck refusing to move with the times & stuffs, but honestly… I’m kind of pissed that I pre-ordered something that turned out to be a pre-rental. If it said rental or Steam anywhere on that “pre-order” page, I certainly didn’t see it. Even the button under my SD account says “pre-order”, though the pop-up is kind enough to mention the poor game’s been Steamed.

I just got a press release that the beta is indeed live. Haven’t been able to dive in myself yet, though.

It’s with great excitement that I announce that the first beta for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion has gone live today! Fans who pre-order Rebellion can jump in and play the TEC faction today, and fans who own the original Sins title will receive an extra $10 off when ordering it from Stardock.com!

Just got my key a few minutes ago. I think they were sending them out starting with the oldest preorders, and since I’d had to cancel and reorder recently that would explain why it took so long.

Not that I mind since I probably won’t even load it up until the weekend.

Just preordered. I think Sins is probably my favorite game of the last several years, and I can’t wait to get back to it. There’s nothing quite like watching your huge fleet warp into an enemy system (or the stress that comes with waiting for your guys to warp back out when they start getting their butts kicked)

Got my key, download is about done. This was an unexpected surprise!

Weird question - I had forgotten that my Impulse preorder was cancelled some time ago after the sale, so I went to Stardock to purchase this. However, it doesn’t seem to recognize my $10 off discount for owning the other games (which are on my account at Stardock.com). Is there some code I’m supposed to apply?

I thought the discount was a limited-time offer, but I could be wrong. There was a time limit on it at one time but that may have all changed.

• EDIT -

Actually, as it turns out, Stardock sent me a “failed payment - card not on file” email with a link to still get it $10 off. Apparently they just yanked the stored payment info after the sale of Impulse and kept a record of the preorder. Now that’s how you run an online storefront transfer. Bravo! Perhaps GameFly should have consulted with these guys …

I seriously could be wrong. I know I didn’t cancel my order and it just went through today at the discounted price. They may have changed the limited time rules once Impulse sold, I didn’t follow it too closely.