Six Ages: King of Dragon Pass for the 21st Century

When King of Dragon Pass was released in 1999, it didn’t make a huge splash, but since then it has come to be a beloved cult classic. While it has influenced many games since then, no one has tried to make a true successor to it until now. A Sharp, the developer of KoDP, has finally returned two decades later to follow up with a new title. In production since 2014, it is set to be released in 2018. All features and artwork are complete, and artists are already working on post-release content, so I’m guessing we don’t have too long to wait.

If you liked KoDP, Six Ages promises to be more of the same. I mean that in a good way. We’ll get to go back to Glorantha, but this time we won’t be limited to 640x480 resolution. What more could you ask for?

Official Website

I hope the hero quests aren’t so evil.

That was my #1 problem with KoDP, so I asked about it. I was told that in Six Ages there will be more information for the player so you have some idea how difficult it’s going to be.

My voting fingers are ready.

WHOA456

Ready to play!

We plan to release it in 2018.

Never mind. :(

I’m glad I forgot about this since 2014. Less time to wait.

Are the graphics drawn at some fixed modern-ish rate or will they scale up to 4K?

I liked the idea of KoDP much more than actually playing it.

I very much want this to be good. I also want it to be popular enough for some of the concepts to get rolled into other games. It was a shame that KoDP didn’t inspire other takes on what it was doing.

I’d argue that it did, even if it took awhile. Look at Banner Saga, or some of the games in development now, like Nowhere Prophet or Spire of Sorcery.

Thea seems to have some of the story telling elements, or at least it reminds me of that. I’ll keep in eye on this at least.

Please, no sentient ducks this time around!

Kudos to them for doing it without a KIckstarter. Day One purchase for that reason alone.

Quiet, you.

Duckist!

Pssst… Don’t trust these ducks. My cousin’s best friend’s loremaster said they’re in league with wicked necromancers!

The game is releasing on th 28th for iToys, so a bump seemed fitting.

Also, I was pleased to discover the game was still taking place in Glorantha. I remember thinking when playing Heroquest on paper as a kid that it was just generic fantasy, and KoDP had totally opened my eyes to the sensibility of the setting. I am glad it is still taking place in that world.