Skylanders Trap Team all gone?

Easily. The vehicles are a pretty cool addition in Superchargers, but it can’t hold a candle to the design smarts Toys For Bob poured into Trap Team.

-Tom

Oh, man, I described a game as “fun” around Tom. I am shamed!

I’m not angry, Calelari, I’m just disappointed.

-Tom

Trap Masters are quite expensive at the moment. How many do you need to get a good chunk of the game…? Does it matter which one you have?

If you want to be able to unlock all the optional/bonus areas of maps, you’ll need one Trap Master of each element. You can complete the game with a single figure though.

I believe there’s also a couple optional bits that a Giant of any type.

Guha and Karthik Bala co-founders of Vicarious Visions have left the company.

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/news/2016/04/04/exclusive-vicarious-visions-founders-leaving.html

"Vicarious Visions started in 1991 as a high school kid’s dream to make video games,” Karthik Bala, who was CEO of Vicarious Visions and CTO of Activision Mobile, said in a statement. “This year is VV’s 25th anniversary, and what a wonderful journey it has been! We’ve made some great games that have had critical and commercial success, and what we’re most proud of is the people, culture and values of the company.”
David Nathanielsz and Jen Oneal, both senior executive producers at Vicarious, will be interim studio heads.

Can you buy used Skylander figures? Or do they get locked to the account they’re first activated with? And if you can, can the characters be reset to their initial state?

They are not locked in any way and you can reset them. The only worry is knowing which game they were made for and which game you are playing. Figures can only be used in the game that they came out for and the games that followed that game. You can find some pretty good deal in mom & pop type record or game stores with used stuff.

I actually have a huge collection now in the garage that I can’t decide if I should find a better home for.

The fact that they are reusable/resetable is just fantastic. My nephews are just getting into the Skylanders thing and there’s so many deals and things. It’s like the steam holiday sale of figurines.

Let me help thee with that!

flat green bottom with molding on top to match element = original game
flat orange bottom with molding on top to match element= Giants
flat blue bottom with molding on top to match element = Swap Force
flat red bottom with molding on top to match element = Trap Team
molded bottom to match element with an engine block on top = Supercharges

They can be reset to be “owned” by you in your current saved game so that you get the bonuses for multiple of an elemental type, and they can also be reset to clear any levels earned or powers bought, as if they were just taken out of their packaging.

Also, if for some reason someone can’t find them, I have basically an entire second set of the original figures I would part with.