Skyline: Cloverfield in Los Angeles?

Might be the fall’s fun, dumb sci-fi action film to beat.

It certainly looks dumb, with lots of cheap scare shots in the trailer… less shakey cam at least.

Also looks like it could be called attack of the LEDs.

That looks fucking deadly. Better than ID4 even.

It’s the brothers responsible for AvP2. Did I dream it, or did this movie have a similar start as District 9? Or did some studio try to shut them down or something?

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/skyline-and-battle-los-angeles-release-date-fight-20168

Sony is suing the filmmakers because they are working on the SFX of their LA alien invasion film Battle: Los Angeles, and thus Sony thinks they are being ripped off here.

This sort of thing happens over and over again in Hollywood - two virtually identical movies released within a few months of each other because someone steals from the other:

• Volcano/Dante’s Peak
  • Armageddon/Deep Impact
  • Antz/Bug’s Life
  • Tombstone/Wyatt Earp
  • Prefontaine/Without Limits
  • Illusionist/Prestige
  • Truman Show/Ed TV
  • Mission to Mars/Red Planet

That said, I’m happy to have these two movies

Just thought I’d parachute in here to say thank you for totally pissing me off with your thread title.

Fuck. Fucking fuck fuckity fuck.

-xtien

P.S. Don’t bother replying. I won’t be reading the thread until I see the fucking movie.

Also, Braveheart/Rob Roy

anyway

When are we going to get disaster movies that aren’t in Chicago, New York or Los Angeles (or Japan)? I want to see monsters humping the St Louis Arch and shit.

The problem is that the great majority of the world has no idea what the St. Louis Arch looks like.

Have you searched on DeviantArt for this? I imagine you can find it.

What’s this about?

More recently, Centurion/The Eagle (not yet out)

Or have any idea where St. Louis even is, other than somewhere in America.

I think almost a year between films doesn’t count, plus Centurion is more of a horror movie than The Eagle sounds.

However I have an example! Saving Private Ryan/The thin Red Line.

I’m not sure, but I think he’s upset that it’s a spoiler-ish thread title. I’m sort of sympathetic to the kind of person who doesn’t even want to see trailers and occasionally feels spoiled just by the casting in a movie. But on the other hand, from the trailer, I don’t understand the comparison to Cloverfield myself. So I guess you misspoiled the movie for him?

Quasi-realistic alien invasion in city told through POV of twentysomethings attempting to wander around said city.

Alien invasion is already pretty different from giant-monster, as far as movies go. Cloverfield was literally through the POV of twenty-somethings, not just a movie featuring twenty-somethings, the way this and every other movie do.

Based on the trailer, you’ve got to go pretty broad and superficial to compare the two movies.

Okay, Cloverfield + Independence Day.

Ah, that was it, thanks.

Frankly, it sounds made up. Sain’t Loo-eese?

I have a feeling it’s because he hated Cloverfield. Or was that Tom? Or maybe it was both.

I didn’t care for Cloverfield, and I hated how it constantly made me want to throw up. This seems to be a step up.

Cloverfield made me want to throw up as well.

“Dude? Rob? Dude? Wait up!” spew

“Rob! Rob! Wait! Dude? Wait! Rob! Rob!” barf

And so on. God I hated those characters so much.