Skyrim Anniversary Edition adds fishing and probably a ton of new bugs

Title Skyrim Anniversary Edition adds fishing and probably a ton of new bugs
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When October 29, 2021

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition is coming. That probably brings the different versions of Skyrim up to infinity plus one when you factor in all the platforms it’s on…

Read the full article

There go all the mods. I hope this a different edition, as in the Special Edition will stay unchanged.

I never did end up playing this. Graphics look a little rough, I wonder if the anniversary edition has released them all with high res options?

So nothing for Skyrim VR. Bah! :D

and probably a ton of new bugs

Regarding that, did they even say there’s a patch? This is all ‘mod’ style stuff - a bundle of Skyrim SE with all the Creation Club content, some new.

They mentioned ‘next-gen optimisations’ for the new consoles, but that’s it.

I don’t know if there’s a patch coming at the same time, but I predict it’s definitely gonna need one after they add all the stuff in the free content update.

You may be the only person in the Western Hemisphere who can say this.

I assume he was going to, until he took an arrow to the knee…

Told you not to swipe that sweet roll.

It’s an update to SE.

I know this is a reddit link but this post is by the guy that writes the script extender (SKSE).

If you’re a modder you could go to his extremes or just wait X months. If you don’t mod, nothing to worry about. Probably.

I’m going to take the wait X months route I guess. I don’t feel like disabling updates, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/q6czcc/pc_sse_an_important_psa_regarding_skyrim/

Mores spiders! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhhhhhaaahhahah!

That is one fugly spider, too.

GAHHH FUCK. There better be mods to turn them into bears!

Still waiting on Odyssey of the Dragonborn to be completed (sometime next year), and I’ll pick up the game then as other mods will have been properly updated if they’re ever going to be by that time.

Reading about how this breaks existing mods convinced me to pick up SE during its last sale.

I am not even sure what I want from an update Skyrim. Just “more” isn’t going to do it for me. In general, I just want better companion AI and better game mechanics. It would be nice to add full RTX support too.

Short of a whole new world to explore, I am not sure what Skyrim has left to offer me. I have an installed version with Living Skyrim installed, and have not looked at it in almost 8 months. I do not care about fishing or adding a few more dungeons and pieces of loot that will invariable be somewhat useless and just junk to sell to vendors. They really need new game mechanics to play with.

Is this the ‘dump on Skyrim’ thread?

Because this all looks fine by me:

I only played the game for about 120 hours on the xbox 360 in 2011 when the first game came out. So I’m good with an excuse to jump back in. All these sound like great additions.

I recently reinstalled the game when it was added to Game Pass, and was almost sucked in again. They’ve got really great gameplay systems in this one compared to Morrowind and Oblivion. When I left those games, whenever I tried to go back, I said “nope” pretty quickly because of the gameplay systems. But they did really well with Skyrim on that front.

If I add up all the hours I’ve played in all the versions of Skyrim I’ve owned, it comes to something like 1200+ hours. Not sure I’d be up for more, given how clunky some of the engine stuff is, but damn it, that world is compelling.

I totally spaced on this and just learned about it when I went about looking if SKSE was available for SE now. Yea, was out for a few years. Because Skyrim without SkyUI is a wee bit painful. However I usually end up modding Skyrim for a week and then play it for a day. So I may jump on this day one to avoid the whole modding thing and just start playing. I can’t believe that after 10 years I still get excited to play Skyrim. It’s such a great game. Just a few notes from the music and I get all emotional.

No need to explain; same here. Despite all of the rough edges–or maybe because of them?–this remains one of the most amazing game experiences I’ve ever had.