Skyrim in 2022- new year, 100 new stealth Archers!

What a god damn rabbit hole. I spent a few weeks years ago building out a heavily modded Skyrim instance, and had a lot of fun doing so, but it was far more time spent doing that than playing.

Which is why Wabbajack is so enticing, it’s an automated installer that tries to do as much as possible for you - kind of like doing everything in an install guide like STEP in one uh step. Unfortunately it has to work around all the bullshit that is the Skyrim mod scene and all the pretty princess modders. Every time I try and read a defense of the current situation I just think ‘but uh minecraft handles this so much better’ and is living proof its a much better way of doing it.

On top of that Wabbajack requires a premium nexus mods subscription, which is why I haven’t used it. No free curse equivelent like in the minecraft world.

So I am tempted to dive back into Skyrim but… eh. Not sure I want to spring for premium nexus, which if I am going to bother giving them a credit card number I would probably just go for the lifetime, which is not cheap.