Skyrim in 2022- new year, 100 new stealth Archers!

Updating mods depends entirely on the license, this should be pretty clear cut so I am not sure what Nexus has to do with it. They can’t violate the license that it was originally issued with that.

That said they could set sane defaults, like GPL or MIT unless otherwise specified, I don’t know how they handle that now. Maybe they encouraged a wrong set of standards? I don’t know the history.

Really this is a community problem, Minecraft for example errs on the side of permissiveness for modpacks, they figured out a long time ago that mod packs are the only sane way to handle this. You can’t expect people to build giant lists themselves and have it work and be stable without dedicating hundreds of hours, which severely curtails your playbase.

Even given a complete set of very detailed instructions, like Lexy’s LOTD, it’s sheer insanity to expect people to follow it. But because of the licenses and expectations of mod authors, you pretty much have to and it’s a shame. Wabbajack is a great step to a more sane, minecraft like environment. But because of the lack of default versioning I think it’s going to be a failed experiment unless it gains enough traction to force or encourage mod authors to manually archive versions.

Wow, this turned out to be completely different from what I was picturing upthread. I thought the site was run my white supremacists.

In today’s world, you can’t throw out “they’re nazis” without people wondering if they’re literal nazis. Reality has ruined that metaphor.

True; I don’t think I’ve used “grammar nazi” since … 2016. Sigh

But even then, the modifying adjective in front of “nazi” makes it clear you aren’t talking about literal violent white supremacists. The meaning and context are clear with “Grammar nazi”. Or “Soup nazi” if you like. When someone says “The moderators there are Nazis” with the “n” capitalized, the meaning is less clear.

Well, copyright nazis are a lot worse than either the soup nazi or a grammar nazi, assuming they can choose, but that behavior is par for the course of that fanbase, so it isn’t worthy of the big bad ‘N’.
Having said that, I hope there isn’t a Skyrim Nazi mod, that would be weird. Worse, we might end up with a nazi Skyrim Nazi mod Mod, and that would just be confusing.

Had a great time with this over the weekend. Got J’Mage The Khajit from Winterhold and now I’m running a three Khajit party through the countyside. We encounted a dragon and Inigo jumped on its neck and rode it like a bull until it died. I have only triggered that animation once. I lost track of him in the fight and thought maybe he got chomped and thrown but there he was, rodeoing a Frost Dragon.

Been playing Total Skyrim Overhaul, and it’s as advertised, super hard. With RPGs like Fallout 4 and this, where a lot of the difficulty needs to take into account the vast resources and loot available from exploring, it turns out that’s how I like it.

It’s also amazing looking, and this isn’t a complaint really, but a lot of the local NPCs are all supermodels. They kept the basic look of the originals, but if anybody was remotely decent looking they are now a solid 10. Considering how ugly most Bethesda faces were it’s funny how far it goes in the opposite direction.

Yeah I installed some mod to make female faces “more beautiful” or whatever and it has weird results. All the older women in the game (like the Graymane woman in Whiterun) look like they’ve had facelifts and skin peels, they all look way younger which doesn’t match their voices now. Annekke Crag Jumper is so pretty now can’t even take her out adventuring with me, she’s too distracting. I was watching her fight a bandit and got such tunnel vision that another bandit came up and smacked me in the head with a warhammer.

Sounds like Bijin’s.

That had me laughing out loud. I just took two guys for similar reasons. Just visiting the blacksmith is distracting, it’s either the wives or their helpers strutting around, trying to put Helen of Troy to shame.

Yep, that’s it, a few of his mods are included in the mod list.

I am playing this, too. It is, as you say, very difficult. That I expected. What I didn’t expect was how amazing the Wabbajack installation process is now. Everything just worked. It was easy. And now my game with 160+ mods looks fantastic, and it’s stable as a rock.

The modding community around this game is incredible.

If I want closest to vanilla with some QOL in Skyrim SE, is it enough just to have SkyUI and the USSEP (unofficial skyrim se patch)?

I play it with only SkyUI (oh and one that puts roads on the map) and enjoy it just fine. Heck I’d enjoy it even without that. Then again I don’t have hundreds of hours in it.

This one?

I got it from Workshop, so it was this one:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=434849344

Can you add mods on top of that mod pack? I am thinking of trying that mod out as soon as I am done with my current Total Warhammer II game.

Yes, you end up with a fully configured and ready to go Mod Organizer 2 setup. However it’s not supported, and if you do, don’t ask the discord for help - they don’t want to provide support for that. Just depends on the mod and what it modifies whether it will be easy or not.

I have added mods to it, but it’s all the supported additions like havok fps cap and ultrawide support.

Ok, thanks. I may install this stuff later today. I guess I just download that wabbajack.exe and then some kind of mod profile thing and run it. The offical page doesn’t really give any instructions. It also says you need a premium nexus account. Is this true?

Yes, it requires a Premium Nexus account.

For Skyrim wabbajack has two good installs, Lexy and TSO. For TSO go here and you fill find the readme, which will tell you what to do.