Skyrim in 2022- new year, 100 new stealth Archers!

I used Wabbajack for “The Ultimate VR Hybrid List” pack and it worked wonderfully… A hour or two later, and 400+ mods and I’m all decked out in VR =)

Sorry if this is covered upthread, a quick scan didn’t find it.

Is it worth rebuying this game again for VR? Does VR add significantly / is the implementation polished?

I am susceptible to VR sickness. Cockpit games are OK. Is the movement in this nausea inducing? Does it require the hand controllers? Does it suffer from original low Oculus resolution? Finally, does it bring anything to the table as far as combat?

I’ll do other research, but I do always appreciate the Q23 perspective.

Thanks.

Here’s my perspective:

*The movement does not bother me and I play on smooth mode, not teleport. That being said it DOES bother other people that have tried it out and had movement issues in VR. So this might be an issue for you.
*The implementation is not polished. It is better then FO4, but not significantly. That being said, VR in an open sandbox game helps me overlook some of the jenk because that is just…plain…cool.
*It does require the hand controllers and that is one thing the implementation does really well. Since your hands are free you can use two weapons on separate mobs with ease. You can cast spells and completely opposite directions. You can use both hands to shoot and aim your bow. Very nifty!
*I have a Rift S, so not sure about any OG issues.

I am just starting to play that total skyrim overhaul. It seems to be installed correctly, but every time I load a game, it says something to the effect that the race I have chosen may not have had it health regen removed, and to please check it.

My toon most definitely does not regen health outside of eating food or potions. Is there a fix for this or is this a known issue.?

Also, has anyone tweaked the monster / player damage? It defaults to 75% player damage and 350% monster damage. That seems a bit extreem. Wolves will one-shot me. I think anything will do that.

TSO includes Requiem, right? Pretty sure Requiem removes health regen, and it might even change the damage given and received.

Yeah, its not the fact that I have no health regen, its the fact that it keeps popping a warning each time I load about something not working right with regaurd to races and disabled regen.

Wabbajack is awesome when it works. You have to jump on a new release as soon as it’s out, because with so many mods, one of them is going to get updated and then the install fails on that file. It’s happened to me the last two times I tried to do the mod list, then again this morning when I was trying to do the hybrid VR one. Still, it’s amazing when it works. You can eliminate hours and hours just from running the program.

So, after considering both of the current hotness mod packs from Wabbajack, I ended up installing Lexy’s LOTD. I am currently dying an awful lot to bandits, and the guide says to exit the game and restart completely after every death. Is that really necessary? Really cuts down on experimentation if you have to re-lauch 593 mods every time you screw up…What do you guys do?

P.S. I am still messing around with the VR Hybrid, but it isn’t easy playing that for more then an hour…

This thread has prompted me to try Skyrim SE which I only ever played briefly. I decided a wanted a fairly “clean” lightly modded experience and so I’m just playing the base SE with less than 10 mods. I’m running the SE Legendary patch, the Acquisitive Soul Gems mods, and a couple of modest magic re-balance mods (Better Magic and it’s sister mod). So far, it’s been extremely stable and the SE is actually a nice graphical upgrade over the base game (since I never really fine tuned my old graphic mods). No SkyUI, no SKSE, no deep customization of leveling, just a slightly rebalanced SE to make magic less weak in the late game. I’m enjoying it greatly so far; it’s a refreshing change from my prior heavily modded pretty-much-cheating type games.

In specific the SE really “pops” the colors out and the game just looks good IMO.

I finally got around to exploring Legacy of the Dragonborn, and it’s amazing. Especially the player housing, which has automated sorting systems for loot which is like catnip to me. I think I died and went to heaven.

The TSO modlist is similarly incredible in the visuals department, but it also brings my system frequently to it’s knees (6700k + 2080).

Oh, and it’s absurdly hard. Just making it to level 17 as a nord warrior has been journey in and of itself. Recommended for masochists only (or those much better than myself at deconstructing impossibly poorly documented game systems)

2 crashes over 40+ hours, so vastly improved from what I remember with my earlier modding experience.

I am playing that Total Skyrim overhaul mod pack. It is really tough and it really reminds me of how much requiem pisses me off sometimes. My character is a criminal because I had to kill some NPC for a quest. Now the shrines will not cure diseases anymore. I do not know if there is a way to fix that. I had to cheat in a bunch of cure disease potions.

Also started a house, and guess what, no stone or clay mines… Fuck you requiem.

Even though I turned enemy damage down from 350% to 125%, I still regularly get one shotted, although I have progressed to the point that where a level 3 wolf now takes between 2 and 3 hits to kill me instead of being instant death.

I have dual cast talents in several trees, but can’t actually dual cast any spells because apparently you need like a billion manna to do so.

I wanted to play a destruction mage, but all destruction spells other than fire can’t kill anything, also every spell has a windup time. Caster companion suck, especially if they summon stuff, because their summons last like 4 seconds.

Gah, why am I playing this? The problem is that normal skyrim is too easy, even on hard mode.

It’s pretty insane. I am loving it though, because it forces me to visit so many different places and collect everything just to scrape by.

I went pure melee, which is it’s own set of challenges. Now that I am level 18 I don’t get taken out in one shot, but that’s with heavy armor.

I would check out the Lexy wabbajack modlist, it’s apparently a lot less masochistic but requires dealing with weather, temperature, and other survival aspects that you may or may not like. It was also recently updated but it doesn’t look quite as good as TSO, but it’s also correspondingly less resource intensive.

I keep seeing Legacy of the Dragonborn mentioned as a mainstay of these wabbajack lists. What’s the appeal of that mod? When I checked it out on Nexus it looked like the exemplar for feature bloat.

There is a lot of unique stuff you can obtain during the game that the game doesn’t really give you anything to do with, nor does it acknowledge when you collect them. The appeal of Legacy of the Dragonborn, for me, is that it fixes that.

Legacy is awesome. The player home with it’s auto sorting and crafting makes dropping all the loot off super easy, and it makes things like disabling fast travel kind of workable with the remote storage drop off locations. I was going crazy trying to manage everything, now it’s done automatically.

It’s definitely a big mod, but bloated? It’s all integrated and seamless, so it’s only bloated if you want to use a competing mod that you think is better.

Also, with the Lexy’s compilation it says Legacy of the Dragonborn, but that is just one piece of this puzzle. You don’t ever have to collect a single museum item if you don’t want to. The pack itself contains many add on DLC sized areas, quests, NPCs, companions, a reworked XP system, reworked combat, unlimited leveling and for me so far it has not crashed once.

The only thing I don’t like is that it is hard getting started, and a lot of the main story line quest stuff isn’t really doable until you get some levels under your belt.

Is anyone playing with Requiem? Have you been able to get a steward for a house? I am in lakeview mannor and its simply not a dialog option.

So as far as I can tell, there are 4 modlists for Skyrim SE via Wabbajack? And all 4 (even the allegedly “lean” one) have like 10X or 100X the amount of mods I want?

Are there other modlists for Wabbajack other than the paltry 4 options on the wabbajack site? If so, where?

Second, assuming I decide the whole Wabbajack thing is just way too much, what’s the current gold standard for making a stable mod setup? I have a Nexus mods Premium membership. Which mod manager should I use? Is LOOT still a thing? Do I need SKSE?

I’m kind of pissed right now. I looked into Wabbajack and it sounded like this great thing and then the reality is its like an order of magnitude more crazy than I want. I got all excited and now I’m bitterly frustrated.

I should mention I’m a pretty experienced Skyrim mod-user, having played modded Skyrim in dozens of configurations over the years. Right now I want a very lean modded experience that is extremely stable, and relatively close to vanilla, but with all the best UI / quality of life improvements, plus a very small selected list of gameplay mods (specifically some changes to magic and a few other things). I don’t really want new content or crazy huge changes.

I got pretty far into a fairly vanilla run on Skyrim SE this week but the UI ultimately killed my joy. I’m basically looking to fix that.

I’ve been using Vortex (the new Nexus Mod Manager) and been pretty satisfied with it. LOOT is included, but I’m still using SKSE, SSEdit, and FNIS. Make my own patches, so no Wrye Bash. Pretty sure SKSE is a requirement for SkyUI etc.

I love the idea of Wabbajack, but I decided to steer clear because, like you said, there are way too many mods in those lists.

Mod-wise, I already mentioned SkyUI. Better Message Box and the better cursor mod are both still around. The other (sort of) UI mod I like is Living Takes Time. For perks, Adamant seems mostly vanilla and doesn’t require SKSE. That mod author also has magic and standing stone overhauls. Then, of course, there’s kryptopyr’s crafting and item mods, which contain lots of fixes but are also likely to conflict with other large mods.

You could also check out Lexy’s modlist to see which UI mods she includes in her Wabbajack list.