Skyrim in 2022- new year, 100 new stealth Archers!

Now that ENB thing is now showing me the weather stuff. I can click the check mark to open the panel, but then all those sub categories under weather are missing. I did this because I went into a mine and it was super bright, like full daylight. Then I went back to the area to where I originally calibrated my indoor brightness and it was super dark. So I decided to check my config and no weather options. :(

I noticed at the top is says Weather for Editing is not set.

Edit: Ok, I think I have a theory. Now I am in foggy weather and the Weather settings are back, but my presets are not set the way I have set them. I am guessing when the weather changes, so will the weather preset and Ill have to configure the ambient light for every kind of weather.

LOL!

Some typos are too good to change.

@DeepT I’m struggling with the same thing. There has to be a blanket setting that affects all weather?

Again, take a peek into the Discord for the modpack - they are very friendly, and last I checked, it had 8000 members and between them have had pretty much every issue.

Also - awesome you guys like - Wabbajack really is the way to go, if you can find a modpack that suits your playstyle!

In the enbseries folder in the skyrim SE folder, are a bunch of INIs that start with a !. I have been poking around in them and they all have the ambient lighting sets. I suppose you could edit all of those. I may just do it as needed whenever I am in a dungeon and its too dark.

Another issue is that the lighting isn’t consistent. Some dungeons are reasonably well lit, while others are super dark. When you crank up the ambient light, it makes the normal ones look like they are in full daylight.

If only they had a dark vision that actually worked right, then I could just cast the spell and be done with it.

I sense I am being ignored, but one last time - There is a dark vision MCM as well in options you can change around, or at least, Predator Vision - And I’d recommend getting the experience of all the others with the same issue, on the games Discord. It may also help to change the ENB to another.

I have tried messing with the dark vision settings in the mcm menus and as far as I can tell, they do nothing. Also dark vision / night vision do not work with the ENB package I am using.

Even if I removed my ENB package, the other problem with dark vision is that all it does is amplify the brightness of light sources. So in many places there are simply NO light sources to amplify so its still pitch black.

For the former, I can try another shader package which may not have issues with dark vision, but still the latter problem remains. What is needed is that a dark vision that adds ambient lighting, which the current one does not do.

BTW for living skyrim, it doesn’t quick save, it auto saves. This means you are building up a huge list of save games which can eat up gigabytes of disk space quite easly. The saves for living skyrim are in a different place. Its in the living skyrim setup folder and then \LivingSkyrimSetup\profiles\Living Skyrim 2\saves

You might want to clean that folder out (leave some of the saves of course) once in a while.

Will do, excellent tip.

So far I’m getting by.

Also good to know, I had no clue. I suspect that too is a mod.

Razgon,
Any tips on leveling? I’ve just made level 5, barely. This EXP only from exploration/quests is very limiting to me since it is new.

I tried to skip ahead to Riften on the road and there was a MASSIVE ancient dragon squatted that way. So that plan went away. Instead I’m barely getting by but got a nice find on a hunting bow that helped a bit. A hunting bow, like something found within 5 minutes of gameplay normally, lol.

I also die a lot as I’m quite squishy. I’ve done some hit and runs on bandits at a mine near where I’ve wandered and gotten innitial light armor, said bow and a enough things to sell to buy arrows. No real levels into alchemy/smithing/enchanting yet. With level perks being so hard, I’ve stuck to my basics so far. Weapon/armor/sneak. But cash is very low turnover in this game.

The things I LOVE so far are that the world feels fresh again. Like 50 years have passed kind of fresh where everything feels different and a little more built out in some ways and overrun by wilds in others. There are more people everywhere, and most look so much better than before. But the weather is what really got me. The first rainstorm that broke out with lightning/thunder was intense, as was seeing the splashes of rain on the nearby lake. The updates to that part of the game have been major with these mods.

I’ve also run into new player homes and quests which also lend to that feeling that time passed. Still, I look forward to a little more power so that I can explore more. I feel on the cusp of death often and I’m saving my game all the time because of it.

Honestly, I don’t really have any. I suggest reading the readme for where to start questing in the beginning. Doing missives, killing bandits open world, and getting two followers would help out a lot early on.

I will say, that I did warn earlier up, that this particular version of Skyrim is HARD for me - I struggle quite a bit beginning it.
Also, the games’ readme warns that you should focus quite a bit on what you want to do. Take of things like this

Fighting everything isn’t an option in this list. OBIS, Genesis, and the combat mods make sure of that. Running away is required sometimes. On the flip side, you’ll quickly run into enemies that are stronger than you even with the “OP” starts. Sometimes you’ll need to clear part of a dungeon and then come back to it later when you’re stronger. The Take Notes mod is very helpful for remembering places you need to revisit. If you’re struggling to level up, Missives and just exploring is your friend. Hunting wildlife is also viable to make some coin for better equipment. Most of the first few quests of the major factions/guilds are possible early on, but the main quest will likely need to wait until you’ve established yourself somewhat.

Other noteworthy things from the readme:

• Bandits are your best bet for early levels. They usually come in small enough groups to be manageable and are almost always around your level or slightly higher.
  • Undead are going to be nearly impossible until you hit level 10-15. This includes skeletons, draugr, vampires, etc. Dwemer and Falmer are out of the question until higher levels as well. Dragons start at level 20 and only go up.
  • Most questlines should be doable from the very beginning, but keep in mind the previous two points. Bleak Falls Barrow will present a significant challenge to low-level characters and the first dragon fight will require around level 20.
  • The Whiterun/Riverwood area is best for starting out - northern areas will be significantly more difficult.

Followers are your friends! There’s an absolute boatload of followers for you to find and pickup - whether it’s Sofia, Inigo, Garm, Mirai, Hoth, or any of the 3DNPCs, there’s bound to be at least one person in every city that you can ask to help you out. Nether’s Follower Framework also lets you recruit many of the generic mercenaries you see wandering around if you just want a temporary companion. It’s extremely easy to assemble a diverse adventuring party if you so choose. If you prefer the lone wanderer style, be prepared for things to be more difficult - having at least one follower is highly recommended.

• Specialize your character. The combination of class and customization mods lets you focus your character in a way that vanilla Skyrim never did. It’s extremely likely you’ll start with one, maybe two skills that are any good and the rest will be total garbage. Focus on what your character is good at and it will pay dividends. When selecting how to allocate your attribute points, think about the rest of your build and put points into attributes that compliment how you want to play. Many attributes provide direct bonuses to how much damage you deal with specific types of weapons, how much health/stamina/magicka you start with, and so on. Specialized characters are much better suited to the challenges of Living Skyrim than jack-of-all-trades types. This also encourages you to pick up a follower that compliments your skills. Playing a tanky two-handed character? Find a follower that can cast healing spells on you and do magic damage from the backline. Playing a stealth archer (again)? Find a beefy sword and shield warrior to keep the enemies at bay while you snipe from the shadows.
  • There’s a loading screen tip I’m fond of that says something along the lines of “Strong enemies care not if you’re just starting out, they’ll kill you all the same.” Don’t be afraid to run away.
  • For some easy XP that isn’t dangerous to get right at the beginning, head to Helgen. It will complete the start of Skyrim’s main questline, help you level up, and has zero enemies to fight (excepting any you find on your way there).

Its a difficult modlist for sure, but it has ALL the things you want, so I’d say try to power through the early levels, get a few followers (You can always dismiss them later) and for now, just focus on surviving and getting a few levels.

I am playing a pure mage. I am now about level 20. Unfortunately the game is now trivially easy and I have somewhat lost interest in it. I did start out by killing bandits though and then there are the missives quests to deliver stuff which will net you some xp and gold.

Where do I get or start those?

In every town there is a billboard - Thats where you get them.

Aha! That’s what those are. Thanks guys. So it sounds like I shouldn’t rush it. Just play on (playa.)

If you aren’t too bored of the start in Skyrim, then I’d suggest trying Equinamity instead - That should keep getting harder and harder. Also, that is Simon mods instead of Enai mods so thats a difference.

I have started a new character which is a lot more fun and quite challenged. Basically a stealth archer who uses destruction magic for runes (nothing else), illusion magic, and I am going to also delve into poisons as well which I have never done.

This is far more difficult than my mage and I have had to resort to some cheesy tactics to beat many encounters. Mostly the cheese involves running around some object from the big bad-ass raider boss while placing explosive runes while my mana recharges. I also have an NPC melee dude, which i was hoping to avoid, but these encounters are far to difficult to solo.

Next tactic I am working on is that I got lakeview manner and making a paralyze poison garden and use that on the bosses while I beat them down. I also am going to investigate damage over time poisons.

Currently I am also trying to get were wolf blood for the disease immunity and then I may put begin to move into his next phase which will to be a super evil stealing and murdering dude. I do plan on trying to worship sheogorath (insanity daedric prince), although I have no idea what real benefits and how his worship works.

I do not know if stealth is different in Living skyrim 2, but I seem to be spotted very easily, and things like ghost walk’s invisibility do not seem to really work well or at all. I can be stealthed and invisible and NPCs will still detect me and then whack me. I have not tried the actual invisibility spell yet. Maybe ghost walk is just bugged.

Ultimately I would like to ditch the npc follower, but I am not sure if that will ever be viable. Maybe ill pick up necromancy as a substitute, which would fit with the evil theme.

One sort of cheaty things (maybe?) is that I added another mod, one that makes bandit quests more worth while. You get 1 perk point for defeating the bandit boss. However on the other hand, these bosses are like level 65 and I am like level 10.

From assumptions, the mod on stealth is probably to the point that unless you are nearly maxed out, being seen is a matter of time and distance. Most of the realistic stealth mods do similar balancing, so thus my guess. My stealth isn’t that high right now so I definitely see the same issues with it failing once I hit a certain distance from a subject looking my way.

I’m kind of at the point of needing a follower. That has never been my Skyrim “style” so I’m in the same boat. I consider this a learning experience for the mod pack. I’m sure all the balancing with multiple enemies and strength of enemies is based around that, so attempting a lone wolf approach doesn’t make too much sense.

I suppose I could pick up an army of followers, but that would kind of defeat the purpose. Ill have to look to see if there is a stealth mod in the game and check its settings out. I also wonder how the random NPCs you can hire level. I mean their level cap. I hired a “veteran” like 10 levels ago. Because he is some rando, is his cap like really low or are these guys leveling with me? There are also a lot of ‘free’ npcs too you can hire all over the place.

Its hard to say what the right choice is with regards to companion NPCs are. I really do want to be solo at some point. I too never liked having companions.

I also did manage to get the werewolf blood. It has some additional drawbacks that are not in the vanilla. One thing I "think’ happened is when I got low on health I wolfed out automatically. If that is not some option I can turn off, then Ill have to ‘cure’ myself. Werewolfs, like vampires, are worthless. And Wolfing out while your being attacked is a death sentence because the animation is so long, the npcs will be whaling on you the entire time.

The right choice with regards to companions are Lucien or Inigo - Found in Falkreath and Riften respectively. Inigio has over 8000 spoken lines, with regards to quests and the world. Lucien has about half of that.
They both have quests connected with them as well.

xBox One X 4k question with this on gamepass now:

What are the essential 4k mods (xBox One X only?

Is SkyUI for controller there and good/valuable?

I just found “Positive Undressed Reactions” mod and I think it should added to any Skyrim playthrough. Lydia is the star of the video imo.