Skyrim in 2022- new year, 100 new stealth Archers!

No worries. I grabbed that less than like … 3 months ago? I wonder why Microsoft removed the links?

Btw I actually realize how little my opinion matters here. I tend to add to be a bit outside the box…

God help us if some female’s opinion makes any difference-- plus please don’t apologize. Ive heard it all before,

Skyrim is an excellent game… modded its even better. Playing on legendary is great, and skyrim se is actually still beautiful.

As to fallout 4 – I never have been able to understand the weird criticism that game got, in survival mode its a great game.

I hate being a bethesda shill but really — c’mon. Both of these games are fantastic,

Btw i disagree with almost everything you said. You sound intellectual about it but it just doesn’t ut my mustard,

Actually looking back at your message and reading it I find that I actually disagree with everything.

Falllout 4 is actually a good game… amazing in its tries to enhance with crafting. Its ability to be a post-apoc boston is truly amazing - the height of the buildings --I guess the best way to put it is the vertical play is also well done.

In fact even the main story isn’t so terrible --though i would agree it isnt great,it still isnt that bad.

This game gets so much critsisim – hell even the combat is pretty good… . And the open world? post apoc boston?

I Just don’t get it,

BTw I am old enough to have played the original fallout and fallout 2… fallout 3 by bethesda was night and day better than those goofy 2d games, --why am I the only one to agree to that? Geez fallout 3 and fallout :NV were tons better than those old fallouts (1 and 2).

Hey - I didn’t think anyone but the author of the topic could change the topic title? Not that I mind - just interesting!

I love Skyrim as well, Kristi - which is why I made this and countless other topics about the game. I think most of us who do, are eagerly awaiting ANY word from Bethesda about the next one in the series. Would be awesome to see how the company that has delivered all the previous Elder Scrolls games, have progressed in these past years!

I loved Fallout 1 and 2 but Fallout 3 was amazing, just what i really wanted.

I still play Skyrim, what a game, once i have moved next week i am starting Enderal the standalone mod for Skyrim.

I enjoyed Fallout 4 and will probably revisit it in the future when I fancy another go.

I changed it a couple days back on a whim.

F3/F4 are completely different games than F1/F2. I preferred the older ones. F4 was particularly disappointing with its limited dialog and choices, moving further away from a RPG.

In a way I kinda dread ES6 because I fully expect it to be further along that same path-- more of an action open-world game with “RPG elements” (every game has RPG elements these days) than a real RPG.

I mean, if those are things you like about the game, that’s fine. But I don’t. And the heavy emphasis on crafting and settlement building, early access to power armor, significantly reduced dialogue system compared to earlier games, and tendency to lock locations off from casual exploration are plainly demonstrable.

So give it a capital S you barbarian!

Enderal was a lot of fun, I played it through to completion last year. As for Fallout, I love 1/2 for their nostalgia but think Fallout 3 NV has been the pinnacle of the series for me. I tried Fallout 4 but it didn’t hook me. I should probably give it another shot sometime.

I think for now though its back to Skyrim now that I have all the issues worked out with one of the monster modlists. I am looking forward to seeing what it is like with all the extra content and modded glory. I haven’t played straight up Skyrim since I finished it after release, even before any of the DLC. So should be fun!

OK, done.

Y’all gonna have to work way harder than that to have a notably bad thread title.

This is Qt3, not some babymode hugbox.

Still looks lowercase to me but if you were on your game you would have capitalized the s in “is”.

That was me fixing it. I rather dislike people messing with my posts. Something stusser knows , since I remarked upon it the previous tine he eid it as well.

Boo!

🙂

I recently re-installed the special edition or whatever it’s called, on Series X. I haven’t played since the Xbox 360 days. I think I’m not quite ready for massive games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 quite yet.

The last time I lost my job, back in 2009/2010, I remember the first thing I did was to do nothing but Fallout 3 all day for two months until I completely finished every nook and cranny of it. Sometimes I miss that kind of dedication. But then again, it was pretty horrible being unemployed, so maybe it’s good that I don’t have time for massive games like this since then.

I’m with you, I adore just about everything Bethesda touches, including the newer Fallouts in the series.

So I’ve gotten some good fun out of the Dragonborn Legacy user-content mod. On the other hand, the included Moonpaths to Elsweyr was not so good.

I’m in the mood to add some new content to this run through - are there other good user-content mods of high quality? New dungeons, quests, areas, etc. are what I’m looking for. What have you folks found?

Nothing user created I’ve played has been what I would call high quality except Legacy of the Dragonborn.

Helgen Reborn is a bit janky but okayish? Project AHO has some pretty dire voice acting and an annoying first act where you’re captured and enslaved and can’t leave or access your gear for a while, but has a high level of effort put into custom assets and some interesting toys. Moon and Star was pretty tiny.

I guess there’s some sort of interesting quests and NPCs in Interesting NPCs (/3DNPC). Very variable.

I must be misremembering something but what locations are “locked off from casual exploration”? Other than The Institute which you have to access from the story, I can’t think of any.