Skyrim Special Edition

INeed definitely counts the food you eat from the inventory. Keep eating and it will say “you are sated” and if you use the iNeed power it will show you hunger, thirst and sleep levels. If you eat to sated you should not be hungry for many game hours.

I also change the timescale to 10, which means 10 game minutes pass for each real minute. That makes the length of the Skyrim day 2.5 hours, which is twice as long as the default timescale of 20. I think I change it via Frostfall?

Timescale 10 means it is 30+ minutes until I see the hunger message again.

If you see it very frequently either something is wrong or you just need to eat more.

One of the mods allows you to eat food from the tavern tables. I don’t recall if that works property with iNeed. It wouldn’t be too hard to test - eat a lot of it when hungry and see if you change to sated.

I’ve played around some more and it does seem to be working. I think some of the food values are just less then I expect so I figure eating a meal of soup should be enough to hold me over for a while.

I did load up iNeed. @Madmarcus there is an auto-eat, auto-drink option you can set in iNeed which makes those two somewhat trivial beyond just keeping food and drink as an inventory item. I might just adjust the timescale similar to @milspec though.

Also, @inactive_user, you should look into one of the follower mods, Sofia or Inigo. I belive they both have a much better system of storage for a follower. Sofia has two inventories, one as normal per follower where she uses the best items you give her. The other is similar to having a barrel with you to store things in. I have yet to find the limit to it. So, paired with iNeed, it may seem cheaty, but she handles the food/drink and wood storage with me. Hey, I carry the tent/axe/pick, so we each have our burdens.

That’s not a bad idea, but honestly followers annoy the hell out of me. Faendal is getting ditched as soon as I can hold my own in tougher combats (MLU means I can’t just blithely walk into whatever the hell boss fight I want, imagine that).

I’m still in search of a few mods to tweak even further.

Anyone have recommendations for decent tradeskill mods (smithing/alchemy/enchanting)?

Man I so feel your pain. It’s normally the first thing I ditch in Bethesda games. “We should part ways.” That plus they tend to force storylines on you per follower, or force you bending to their likes/dislikes, which is a pain in the ass.

That being said, I think the mod followers are MUCH better in every respect. They are very configurable to stay the hell out of the way if that is what you need.

Smithy and Alchemy are covered above:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/321/ Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2262/ Skyrim Alchemy Fixed

Ordinator also has an impact on trade skills due to its re-working of all perks.

There is technically no limit, however I’ve found my interface with it slows to a crawl (RAM issue for my PC that only has 8GB, I’m sure) when it gets pretty filled up.

I’ll check both those out. I’m also considering Useful Scrapping mod. Thanks for the recommendations!

Whoa … didn’t know that. I’ll have to keep an eye out for that when playing.

I’m planning on just changing the timescale…

I like having one more or less permanent follower when I can find one who isn’t annoying. Combo of pack mule and and the ability to to at least pretend I’m doing something useful with some of the gear that I’m not going to use. In my just started game I installed both Sofia and Inigo to see if either one of them makes the cut. Hopefully one of them is more entertaining than dragging around Lydia because it looks like I might need someone after barely making it through Bleak Falls Barrow.

Checked out Inigo on your guys’ rec. He is indeed better! And wow, so massively overpowered with his starting equipment. Those got mounted on the wall in Riften right quick. He’s pretty crazy strong even without them, at least with where I’m at.

Also, man, I’d forgotten the crazy inflection point when playing a thiefy type where you go seemingly overnight from squishy dingus to undetectable god of death. Ah well, undetectable god of death is pretty fun anyway heh.

Oh! Also!

/my games/Skyrim Special Edition/Skyrim.ini

Under [Display] add the following lines:

fDefaultFOV=75
fDefault1stPersonFOV=75
fDefaultWorldFOV=100

Thank goodness. Stupid console defaults.

Great tip for this, thanks Adam!

I just hit level 17. With Ordinator installed that means I’m really only focused on archery/stealth so far. But I’m loving the extra skills. On a whim I’ve loaded up a shitload of extra content mods.

The highest of those recommended:
Falskaar
The Forgotten City

Also:
Clockwork
The Notice Board
Beyond Reach
Moonpath to Elsweyr
Helgen Reborn

I’ve played about 3/4 of Falskaar in classic version. So I’ll try to rush through that content. I know its good parts and bad parts, but I enjoy the fun so why not do it again with the SE version. But The Forgotten City is highly recommended and I cannot wait to play it.

I have had a hard drive failure of my c drive. The only thing I had on it was Windows 10 and nexus mod manager and the mods. My Skyrim game is untouched on my other hard drive that survived.

So the question is am I knackered re my current game. Will it run or do I have to reinstall Nexus and the mods exactly to make it work.

You should be okay. If you’re like me, my Steam folder was on the larger drive, as were all the added items, including most mods. About the only thing I can think of would be Nexus Mod Manager if you use it, and LOOT if you use that as well. Those would install to their own directory if I remember correctly.

Also note that if you have Steam sync enabled, you may have a saved game or two still on that.

You’ll have weird things happen if you load up a save made w/mods w/out also loading said mods. Exact effects depend on the mods.

OK it didn’t work so I went through all the mods i thought I had used, then started the game and it says these mods are missing so stopped the load. Took 2 additional tries but have managed to get it back to the mods I was using.

Really happy as the game is playing great. ut’s weird returning to a game you spent 100+ hours playing and yet you find so much stuff you didn’t do last time plus all the add on’s etc

Is there a version of SkyUI that works with SSE yet? The version I found won’t recognize this exe.

Last I played you could use an older version (I don’t remember which, but I suspect your Google-fu is capable) that you could use without SSE. You don’t get all the good stuff of SkyUI, but it’s at least usable unlike the half-assed catastrophe that Bethesda shipped.

SkyUI v 2.2 works w SE. Download from files section of Nexus mod page.