Skyrim Special Edition

You think they’re hard at work retooling that Id engine? Ok, just do one texture - it’s 100 square miles…

I kind of thought that’s what they were doing with the Skyrim engine moving to 64 bit.
I am more cynical on the delay. I think they are just trying to figure out new ways to monetize games so they can have that baked in from the start. Maybe the new game will not support mods unless they are from the mod store.

They’re clearly spending a lot of effort on also making Special Edition Skyrim, the Switch Skyrim port, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR. Probably PS4 Pro and XB1X versions of Fallout 4. None of that stuff is trivial. Especially the VR versions of the whole games, that’s gotta require a fairly substantial effort. And you’re right, the Special Edition version of Skyrim having this creation club and everything, that can’t have been a simple plug and play either, I bet that required quite a few resources too.

They’ve been pretty busy since Fallout 4 came out.

've been wanting a world to explore and there aren’t a lot of games that cut it in this area. Even though I’m not a big fan of the actual mechanics in Skyrim - there aren’t many games that can match it for just finding interesting geography, or tidbits of story, dungeons, etc. Too many games follow the UBISoft icon chase model.
The Witcher 3 was very good in this regard too, but I’ve played it more recently than Skyrim and not ready to jump back into it.

In any case, these are the mods I have so far. Can anyone either confirm they are good choices or recommend additional ones? I’m mostly looking for things that enhance the game graphically. I’m using Skyrim Special Edition. I plan on playing a sneaky archer - something I have never stuck with before as I’m usually sword and shield, so if there is something that improves playing that type of character a lot I’d be open to it.

Here are my mods so far.
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM
Vivid Weathers Special Edition: I’ve used Climate of Tamriel with an ENB in vanilla Skyrim.
Realistic Water Two
Skyrim Flora Overhaul SE: I also used this in vanilla.
Enhanced Lights and FX: In vanilla I used Realistic Lighting Overhaul. I’m only going to use the indoor lighting for this since I’m using Vivid Weather.
Footprints
Enhanced Blood Textures SE
Immersive Armors
Total Character Makeover
Book Covers Skyrim

Some other mods I’m using
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
Unread Books Glow SSE
Achievements Mods Enabler
A Quality World Map
Open Cities Skyrim
Cutting Room Floor
Even Better Quest Objectives.
skyBirds SSE Edition

SkyUI recently went alpha for SE thanks to SKSE having a release, so definitely check that out.

Also

This list still works for me. Graphics, immersion, survival. Some older versions because it’s a few months old. Install Mod Manager, click the links and it willl install and / or update for you:

One big update was Scarcity being released for SE:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8647/?

I really enjoy the Morrowloot + Scarcity combo. Or else the mid to late game equipment power level gets a little ridiculous.

It depends on if you want to be an epic hero of Skyrim or just some normal adventurer trying to make their way in the world. :-)

That is quite the list. I’ll have to take a look. I’m not looking to really change the gameplay too much, mostly just looking to make it look nicer and maybe add some convenience improvements.

Have you tried this one:

Other than Gothic 2 (I think, it may have been 1) I haven’t enjoyed anything from those devs. I can’t get past the writing and voice acting. Thanks for the suggestion though, because it would probably be good for exploration if I liked their stuff.

Any update on when the Xbox One X enhanced version is going to be available for the Skyrim SE. I already have it for the PS4 pro and PC…and am buying the PSVR version for sure…and yet I still feel like I’m going to play the non-VR version quite a bit and am thinking of getting the Xbox One X version since it’s likely better than the PS4 Pro iteration.

No date given, but apparently Microsoft changed the enhancement designation from “In Development” to “Coming Soon”.

I can’t play Skyrim anymore without Smart Cast and Forgotten Magics.

Update out for X1X, Anyone care to comment on these recommended mods (I don’t care about cheevos, I just want the best looking Skyrim I can get).

I want this!

@legowarrior You guys did all see this was actually a thing right? Tell Alexa to learn the “Skyrim Very Special Edition” Skill…

Really, this sound hilarious. I need to get it!

Yeah, I just found out from Pete Hines’ Facebook page this is indeed real! You can enable it here:

I shall consume much cheese tonight!