Skyshine's Bedlam becomes less Fury Road and more Cannonball Run

Title Skyshine's Bedlam becomes less Fury Road and more Cannonball Run
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When March 17, 2016

Skyshine's Bedlam (Bedlam's Skyshine? Skylam Bedshine?) was one of the games of 2015 that you didn't play, which is a shame because it was one of the best little tactical combat games of that year..

Read the full article

<sigh>

I'll be honest, I'm kind of disappointed. I thought the punishing difficulty and the tight focus on limited resources made for a great game, even if it was one I was terrible at. Is there an option to play in "classic" mode as well?

There's a toggle option in the main settings screen for "legacy", which supposedly changes the game back to the original system of 2AP per turn total. But heck if I can figure out how to use it. When I activate it during a campaign, it doesn't seem to change anything. And I can't activate it before starting a campaign.

So, yes, apparently the option to play the old way is still in there. I'm just too dumb to figure it out.

If you're still looking for it, you need to toggle it from either inside the campaign or arcade settings menu. No idea why they did it like that.

Thread necro!

This game is 90% off (only $1.99!) for the next 33 hours. I’ve read it’s been improved since release, but, as a fan of TBS and rogue-(insert word here) games, is it worth a gamer’s time?