Slay the Spire

Focus buffs are so op.

My biggest issues were the cards zooming in far enough to obscure the card next to them, and lack of an easy way to view my relics.

The relics are quite easy: Press X then down.

But the card zooming in thing is annoying. Especially as any cards left in your had STAY zoomed in, which gets in the way of the action. This happens if you use the keyboard as well.

My problem with the mouse after playing with the controller, aside from the software mouse cursor, is it quite so much more moving and clicking, e.g. when playing a block card :) I think this is one of the few turn based games where I prefer a controller!

ps: I played my fourth run yesterday, and my first with that second character class, and beat the third boss! Is that guy much easier than the Ironclad, or was I just particularly lucky? (Especially as I didn’t skip any rewards this time ;))

I must confess I didn’t enjoy playing with the mouse, but enjoyed very much playing it with the trackpad.
I didn’t try the gamepad mode yet, I was waiting for them to finalize it.

I am still honestly confused about what lag or issues with the mouse you guys are talking about?

Just bought this yesterday and played a few hours at full screen 1920-1200 and didn’t experience any issues. Enjoying it quite a lot, not seeing any technical issues.

It’s a pretty old standing and even quite common issue with custom cursors on Windows? A problem or combination or problems with vsync, refresh rates or framerates and such, I really don’t remember the specifics. The last time I experienced it was in Space Tyrants, which made the game unplayable for me.
I am playing Slay the Spire on OSX, which doesn’t have that sort of trouble.

I just beat Ascension level 5 by the skin of my teeth. I had a deck with a lot of upgraded perfect strikes in it which each did quite a bit of damage. I also had some upgraded carnage cards. When things went well I’d hit 'em with an upgraded bash and then several turns with the high damage cards.

I can’t imagine what ascension level 15 will be like.

Huh. I guess I’ve never experienced it, at least not with Slay the Spire nor Space Tyrant (which I played a few hours of last week). What OS? I’m on Windows 10. Maybe that makes a difference.

I finally beat a daily challenge but noticed that the run ends with Act III - is that normal or does the length vary depending on the game mode?

Never got to the boss in Act III in a standard run before so not sure if this is daily specific or just the norm.

I’ve noticed it as well. For some reason it works just fine on my desktop, but playing on my laptop it gets weird laggy mouse syndrome.

Is it something that happens on lower end GPU’s?

The game ends after Act III in all modes except Endless (is that on the main branch now?)

It’s not really that laggy, but when you’re used to the speed of the hardware display mouse it’s hard to get used to the second/gpu one.

I might try turning vsync off to save me a frame of delay, or so.

Just use the keypad. you can play a card by pressing the related button. Then less clicking.

I disabled vsync. The game still caps at 60fps and the mouse lag is fixed. Hurrah.

I’ll try the keypad, see how that works Vs main keyboard, which didn’t dare to great in menus.

Unless I’m missing something, the keyboard shortcuts are totally useless for actually playing. Sure, you can select which card to play. You can even theoretically play the selected card. But that does no good when you still need to use the mouse to select what to target.

well, that’s still half the amount of clicks. also, some cards don’t require a target, like blocks

Would this mouse issue be less noticable with g-sync? I had v-sync enabled (by accident, usually I turn it off because of g-sync)? Might explain why I never noticed.

I agree it would be nice to offer a hardware mouse for those that want it, instead of the fancy in-game mouse cursor.

I kept seeing all the praise and I had $4 in my wallet near the end of the sale, so right before the sale ended I picked it up.

I’m impressed.

Today’s run is amazingly fun. Fully powered Defect almost from the start, it’s insane.