Slay the Spire

Having almost no experience with the game, I don’ know, but I would think that my deck being built around Juggernaut and Body Slam, with lots of block cards, I would have been as set up as possible for Transient. I think I just started this floor so low on hit points that there was no margin for error.

Apologies if this has been noted, but StS goes to 1.0 in the new year – coming out of Early Access on January 23.

This will be my 2019 GOTY.

This EA game has been better than every AAA title released so far in 2018, it being out of EA seems like such a minor technicality.

True, except for this note:

Price Increase

Anybody reading this probably owns the game. With the upcoming full release, there will be a price increase shortly after the upcoming Winter Sale so if you were planning on buying or gifting, it’s a good time to do so!

So if you’re reading this thread and don’t own it, do yourself a favor and grab it during the Winter Sale.

Yeah, in a banner year for gaming all around, this is the best game of the year. Grab this before the price increase.

Agreed. I bought a copy for my son and think I will get another for my cousin as well.

I actually ended up gifting 3 people this game because it’s so absurdly good for how cheap it is that I couldn’t help but share the love.

I’m mostly excited for the release date because they are announcing their future plans. Being primarily made by two indie guys and having over a million copies sold, they’d have to be actual madmen not to sell a couple DLCs.

It is an amazingly good game. I’d gladly pay for DLC. Maybe a couple more protagonists (avatars?) you know what I mean.

I’ll start worrying when I see someone using the cultist as their profile picture.

I love that guy. The first one I beat in my first game.

My powers… were matched

You know who I hate way worse than those dinguses? The freaking triple slaver encounter. I feel like I always end up taking significant damage against those buttlords.

For sure. It doesn’t help the fight always starts with them all attacking for 7-12 damage each. Nasty.

Yeah, hard to escape that one without taking much damage. Always hate seeing them.

What’s the name of the knight looking guy with the eye beam blast and the two drones?

I refer to him as the Defect’s body. I think I am almost ready to write fan fiction.

I’m sure we’re all looking forward to it. Or not.

Wonder how far behind the Switch version will be.

So, this thing is officially going 1.0 January 23. But is that just a contrivance? In other words, is it really 1.0 now in terms of content and features, and we’re just waiting for an official release that will be materially no different than today’s build?

I ask because if it’s just a date they picked out of the air and there won’t be material new content or changes before launch, I’ll start playing it now. But if there really is something material to be added before launch, I’d just rather wait until it is done.

You should start playing now…