Slay the Spire

Ditto!

Anybody tried streaming to iOS from steam with touch controls? Edit: works great so far.

Anyone tried to stream to iOS from PS4?

Switch version is coming on June 6th and trying to decide what version I want…

The Switch port is really well done, perfect game for the platform.

Finally got my first win, on Ironclad, after nearly 20 hours.

Gave the poker mod a shot tonite and after a little bit of trouble at the beginning, ended up playing the next 3 hours without so much as a break. The mechanics take a little to get your head around, but once you do so, it’s pretty fun.

Basically, instead of playing your cards one at a time, you play your cards (mostly) to assemble your hand. When you’re out of mana you play the hand you have and deal out the results according. All card effects are cumulative, and scale with the hand quality. Hearts heal, spade shield, clubs do aoe damage, and diamond damage hits the weakest hp creature. So if you have a 1,2,3,4,6 of hearts,spade,clubs,diamond and hearts, when you play your hand you’ll do 7pts of healing, 2 shield, 3 aoe damage and 4 damage to the weakest creature. Now, lets say instead of a 6 of hearts at the end of that, you have another 1 of hearts, giving you a pair - well, that’s 25% bonus on everything. two pair is 50%, three of a kind is 100%. The really interesting bit is how the hand mechanics play out - maybe you can only draw two more cards, and you’re holding two low pair and a high singleton. Do you discard the high singleton in the hopes of getting a full house? do you break the low pairs trying to get a triple with a better effect you need? Or do you stand pat and leave well enough alone?

Really enjoyed the mod and I recommend it

Fourth character is coming.

Wuh oh!

Noice.

Very cool!

So I went all the way finally on my 7th game but I’m unclear on a couple things.

I beat act 4 with Ironclad, a heart shows up & I have a “victory” score of 705. Is that “ascension 0” for ironclad, and if I go again I’ll be on a slightly tougher “ascension 1” or something?

And what are people talking about with stopping after an earlier act?

Ascension is an optional difficulty level. You chose the ascension level on the bottom when you start a new game. Each level makes some part of the game more difficult. Beating Act 3 unlocks the next highest ascension. It is specific for each character.
You don’t have to play higher ascensions. It’s there to increase the challenge when you learn an master the game’s base strategies and the starting setup becomes too easy.

Act 3 (the third boss) is the end point for game systems like the ascension unlocks.
There is an optional end boss, Act 4. It only has two fights. It is harder than the previous bosses and requires specific strategies and preparation in the three preceding acts to reliably beat, especially on higher ascensions.

Bah! I don’t consider it a proper win unless I kill the heart!

This came out on Xbox yesterday , included in Game Pass. I beat it with Ironclad my first run, though I didn’t kill the heart- no idea what was even going on with that. The Trickster is kicking my ass, though. Best run was up to the third act, but most I don’t even get off the first.

I think the first game is somehow mad easier cause I’ve beaten it too first time.

Don’t worry about not beating heart for now, complete the game as every class first.

I don’t know, it was still pretty hairy at the end. Had to fight the Awakened One, who was… asleep. But still attacking me, that’s weird, but OK. Managed to kill him with 6hp left… and he woke up. I thought all was lost- I had a ton of Block, but was running a skill that let me draw at extra card at the start of the turn, at a cost of 1hp. So I could take everything he was throwing at me with ease, but could I do 300hp damage in 6 turns? Turns out, it only took me 3!

That is the beauty, the glory of the game. You’ll beat what seemed impossible previously.

While it requires some strategy and planning I’d say Slay the Spire greatly benefits from the ability to adapt and go with the flow. Learning the game in your first few runs you have no choice but to do that.
After a couple of games I bet almost everyone gets worse results for a while due to testing the bounds of the game, forcing stuff too much and being too results oriented.

Haha, true. I played dozens of times at the Trickster today before beating it. All of my best runs had one thing in common- when Neow gave out the boon at the beginning, I chose “sacrifice my relic to get a random Boss Relic” and ended up with something seemingly completely unworkable like “1 extra energy per turn, but you have to discard two cards every round” and somehow make it to the middle of Act 3.

After I beat the boss (as a vampire, and running this absurd deck that relied on playing lots of Powers to make other cards free and spamming all the Shivs I could), I played an Ascension, where I started with the Broken Crown “+1 Energy per turn, but -2 choices when acquiring cards”. I got a Sneko Eye halfway through Act 1-"+1 Energy, but start each combat Confused", and rode that crazy town up to Act 3, too. Hilarious.

Early Snecko Eye is one of the best relics you can get. It’s really powerful in an expensive deck.

Or even any deck that doesn’t have many 0 cost cards.