Sleepy Hollow

The haunted house episode was fun, though the tie-in back to Katrina was stretching it a bit. On the other hand, now Crane has a motivating force other than simple curiosity driving him. It’s weird though, he’s desperate to find out what happend to the child, but it’s a child that would have grown up and died over 100 years ago, so it’s all sort of morbid.

I’m liking this show more and more though. As long as you don’t take it too seriously, it’s a nice weekly guilty pleasure.

I enjoyed the last one, too. Root Man was a pretty effective monster, which is a hallmark of the show so far. The Sandman’s makeup was also high quality for television.

One interesting dynamic between the leads is the romantic angle. Both Abby and her sister (whose name currently escapes me) have shown flashes of interest in Crane, but he still thinks of himself as married to his Limbo-trapped wife, and they’ve lingered a bit too long on his wedding ring a few times to remind us of how committed to her he feels. It’s a good twist on the standard “will they won’t they” tension so many shows have employed.

No one has anything to say about the season finale? That was some weird craziness, even for this show. I wish other shows had half the creativity of sleepy hollow. Two hours is a bit too much though I think. Still, it’s got me looking forward to next season so it fulfilled its purpose.

Loved the season finale, it was completely off the rails, even for Sleepy Hollow. Zombie George Washington, a Masonic secret chamber complete with booby traps, Purgatory that looked like something straight out of the Silent Hill games, John Choo’s transformation into mothman and that crazy reveal at the end with Henry. Plus tons of awesome Ichabod quips over the whole two hours.

Seems like Choo and possibly Orlando Jones might be departing the show though given the apparent fates of their characters. Should be interesting to see what happens next season, 8 months from now.

It was fun, that’s for sure. I look forward to seeing how the next season starts out.

“Aristotle would be most unimpressed.” … “Yeah, well he’s dead too.” :-D

Talk about cliffhangers, though. Multiple, dangling over a cliff cliffhangers. Glad the show got renewed.

My first reaction to the end of the episode was: “I have to wait until FALL?!”

Talk about cliffhangers.

I have to wonder how much of what happened was planned with the introduction of the sin eater. Did they have the arc already established or was it something that evolved as a twist in the writing room in a later episode?

It was indeed fantastic. And he finally got new clothes! :p

The second episode (the finale was clearly two episodes glued together) seemed to have been jiggered a lot. There was a lot of jumping around abrupt transitions. I love how they finally “solved” his clothing issue.

Does an alderman have an unwarranted sense of self-regard? WTF?!

I didn’t buy the whole turning himself in to save his daughter deal. Like, how are they going to sell the DA or a judge or a jury or ANYONE on their theory that it was his daughter.

“So, we’re going to make a case that this tiny 13 year old paraplegic girl snapped a grown man’s neck and tossed him across the room, because we found her DNA on him.”

“Get out and never come back.”

You forget that (1) Orlando INAL. (2) Orlando’s planned defense was “evil” did it. From there, he probably figured it was best to turn himself in.

Also, I like how Harry/Sulu turned into an alien from Enemy Mine for his combat form. Welcome geeksoulbrother.com - BlueHost.com

Yeah, that was the only part of the episode that didn’t work for me.

Prediction for next season: Crane collects the bodies of our first four presidents. Using occult rituals and surplus army equipment, he animates them into an force of weaponized, zombie-cyborgs. Each president will face off against a horseman of the apocalypse for the future of mankind.

Also, following the existing theme, Betsy Ross is going to be Famine-- every other horseman has been someone that Crane has “wronged”. His ex-girlfriend seems like a good fit.

Well, there are two witnesses. I wonder if Abbie’s sister, who Abbie “wronged” might be one of the horsemen. Or someone else Abbie might have inadvertently angered.

Nah, Cho’s fine. A re-animated dead guy with superstrength won’t be killed by having some rocks fall on him. And I’m sure Jones will be back too. Very fun finale overall–this show doesn’t just sometimes veer into crazy land, it lives there full time and it’s all the better for it. I never saw the twist coming even though I was sure Jeremy would be putting in an appearance at some point.

Would watch!

Moloch is screwed once cyber zombie Washington throws down.

(not entirely safe for work depending on where you work)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

They tied enough of that stuff together that I can’t imagine it was spur of the moment, especially since it ties off a number of otherwise dangling threads.

That had me laughing out loud more than once. Thanks.

It’s old but a net classic and very well known. I figured someone would link it here sooner or later–it was running through my head during the finale too. Especially the “he saves children, but not the British children” bit.