Sleepy Hollow

For me it was that line, and “6 foot 20 fucking killing for fun” ;)

for me? bear sex.

edit: i take that back. it’s the tears on his cheek after he kills his sensei…but won’t tell anyone why.

Tiny Cop Lady returns!

Oh, and they gave a stern view of her booty without the coat. Must have lost some weight. Okay, okay, maybe I’ll pay attention to the plot now…sorry…back to the DVR…

They jumped right back into the crazy. I was lost for the first few minutes until I figured out it was a hallucination. I thought I’d missed the premiere episode or something.

Not as much amusing fish out of water stuff for Crane this time around, which was a little disappointing. He did have a moment with the phone and another in the ambulance I suppose. Those little bits were one of the big highlights of every episode last season.

My wife and I both noticed that she lost weight. IMO, an unfortunate occurrence.

Still looks good to me.

Yup, same here. But I love how this show goes full bore with its premise. No cheap rationalizations or maybes, no skirting around the insanity. It dives into the deep end with 40 pound lead boots on each foot and strokes straight for the bottom. It’s great.

I was entirely willing to believe that this show, of all shows, would end on a cliffhanger like that and then launch the new season with a year time jump. And of course Crane was Benjamin Franklin’s apprentice. I mean, why not?

Why not, indeed. I think that’s the writers’ mantra.

So. Benjamin Franklin and a coven of witches attempted to animate a composite being formed by stitching together pieces from the corpses of strong Revolutionary War casualties but failed because they needed a piece of one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to complete their ritual.

How can you not love this show?

Did you happen to catch the Call of Cthulhu references in the chant Crane had to recite to raise up the Franklinstein?

Not yet–I had to pause my DVR and have about 20 minutes to go in the episode. I’ll finish it later tonight and will keep an ear out for them.

Oh, and Crane’s banking and credit rant was great, too. “You expect these people to trust you with their money but you won’t trust them with an inkwell?” Then he references Adam Smith and goes into a get off my lawn speech about credit and debt. Loved it.

I felt that using literally the most famous couplet from Lovecraft as part of a spell was a little too fan-servicey for my tastes. Also not sold on the new sheriff. I think she’s acting in sensible ways for a dedicated law enforcement officer given the circumstances, but, well, one of the refreshing things about first season was that we didn’t have to deal with the logical but plot-impeding law enforcement reaction to this stuff. Really hoping they get Reyes in on things tout de suite.

Eh, the Lovecraft was a cute throwaway that only a portion of the audience will get. You called it as fan service, but I liked it. As for Reyes, yeah, I agree. Realism and sensibility are the very last things this show needs.

Good mid-season finale, but I’m sorry to see Captain Irving exit the show. I like Orlando Jones and I liked that character.

Yeah, I agree. I especially liked the battles with the sword and some of the special effects.

It makes me wonder what they will do next, but it will be interesting to see where they take the plot when it picks up again.

It’s always possible that Henry might bring Irving back somehow, if he still has control over his soul. It’s that kind of show. Like Supernatural, dead may not be dead. We’ll see.

I haven’t watched the second season at all, but I gather that this show is in dire straits. Ratings have collapsed since October, and today Mark Goffman, the show runner, announced he’s leaving.

I could see FOX maybe giving it a short rope for next year, but given their sometimes rough handling of expensive underperforming shows…

The problem is that a lot of what made the first season work was this crazy pace and ever escalating madness that never paused to bother justifying itself. It probably wasn’t sustainable, but season 2 really doesn’t try from the portion I’ve seen. Mison and Beharie are still great, as is Noble, but without that momentum it’s mostly just monster of the week fare.

I felt the main problem with 2 had a name, and her name was Katrina.