Sleepy Hollow

Yeah, same. Her presence ruined the dynamic between Crane and Mills, and I think the writers knew it (thus the ending of the season).

Agreed. Season Two was interesting, and they had some great “villains of the week”, but it became mired in the drag of too many secondary characters who all needed inclusion (Jeremy, Jenny, Holly, the Captain, Katrina, the Horseman) and the end result was the show moving away from what it did best in Season One, which was Crane’s fish out of water act combined with the weird happening or monster of the week.

The Season Two ending could easily be a series finale since we’ve neatly wrapped up almost all the plotlines and shed multiple characters. They left it open with Crane, Abby, Jenny and the Captain now forming a team that can take on any Witness events that might arise. Katrina needed to go, her being a powerful witch was just too convenient a crutch to fall back on every week, and she’d played out her part in Crane’s story. I will miss her though, as Katia Winter was gorgeous to look at every week.

I would be surprised if this gets picked up for a Season Three, but I’d still watch it.

I think it could get picked up. If it was any network but FOX I’d be confident in it.

I think a 13 show order is probably a good compromise bet.

I hope it does get picked up. When they started tying every single bad guy to Crane, it really sapped the fun from the show and turned it into a gothic soap opera. It lost its way in season 2 but its clear that they realized that and they slammed the reset button big time, clearing out most of what mired the show down. I would like to see them get another chance to make the show fun again. The main characters have great chemistry together they need to keep that focus.

And boom, picked up for a kinda weird 18-episode season 3.

It’s interesting, because that leaves room for FOX to do something in a limited series format for 5-10 weeks with that Sleepy Hollow air space.

Great news. Hopefully they get back to what made the show great…the interaction between Crane and Mills and the great B team of jenny and Irving. The addition of the ridiculous Hawley character and the over inclusion of Katrina really hurt season 2 IMO. While I’m sad to see john noble go, I feel he wasn’t used correctly and if he had to go in order to wipe the slate clean so be it.

Same # of episodes they had this year.

yay , one of my favorite shows on, good stuff. :)

Awesome. I’m in!

Yeah, glad to see the show get a chance to right itself. I also agree about Noble. They twisted up his character so bad that it became almost untenable. They pretty much had to put him down, wasting Nobles talents in the process.

I will remain hopeful for this one. Good news.

Its like we missed an entire season here!

So welcome to Season 4! I just watched Sleepy Hollow - Washington DC edition. And its more of the same, with what seems to be like lower production values or maybe its the different camera angles? Something is a bit off. :)

One less witness and a lot of new cast who are learning the ropes in this reboot, I am still watching though! Actually I don’t think I have ever seen a show go through so many cast members over the course of 4 seasons.

I can’t do it. The last couple of seasons were a disappointment and then shuffling off the cast members like they’re just replaceable legos didn’t please me either. I hope you continue to find joy in it though.

This show got relegated to the dustbin of “maybe I’ll binge watch the rest on Netflix someday” for me. I really enjoyed the first season, and even season two was OK, but I got about 2 episodes into season 3 and it was terrible. I still like the concept, and enjoy Tom Mison as Crane, but the writing and acting went way downhill as the show progressed, and it wasn’t top-notch to start with, so…

They really made a mess of this series. It had a good premise and started out strong but lost its way. Things got so bad for it that they had to cut bait and start over… in back to back seasons!
Tom Mison is great in the role and Abby worked well as his foil. When they abandoned Abby they threw out the only important dynamic left in the series.

I assume no one here was still watching this? Well, no one else will either.

I gave up after episode 4 of the current season, it was just not good.

The first season was an incredible amount of silly fun and then…well, I don’t actually know what happened behind the scenes, but the spark went out, IMO.

Someone wanted to prove how clever they were and flex their writing chops and sucked all the fun and life out of an oddly working fun and horror mix to give some sort of overarching blah.

The biggest reason my wife and I watched it was the awesome character designs and practical makeups\costumes they did for their creatures. Season 1, and a little big of 2, have some amazing stuff in them.

Then they must have cut the budget, and with it all of that great work.