Slice & Dice (by tann), my new GOAT (roguelike dice tactics game)

As said in the Indie Thread, I’ve been playing and loving this game since the prerelease beta. 2.0 wiped all my historical (but thats no Biggie, I just enjoyed doing the unlocks again!).

This was my favourite run since. Ludus had bloodlust and cleave on the middle side, all the rest of the crew are pretty much just set up to keep him alive and to let him hit very very hard!

Very nice!

Do you play on unfair at all? I’ve had one victory there. Dabbled with some really interesting curses in the process. Charged monster sides was neat, but not that difficult to work around. Slimedemic was more troublesome than one might think. Enemy shields have a habit of tripping me up.

Screenshot_20221121-082041

These two were a fun combo too. Just keep rerolling and cantriping to get the big punchy 8 bloodlust bash

Nah, Hard and Cursed are the most I’ll punish myself. I want to enjoy my time with it not torture myself!

I can understand that. But I kind of like it. It can really change up how you have to play, which I appreciate. It’s also interesting to take a curse you think won’t be bad that completely torpedoes you.

I think I have 5 bucks on my play store account, so I will get it despite usually not playing on smartphones…

This is great, thanks for sharing.

Loved the demo and bought it. Seems like a bargain at $7.

This is really, really, really good.

Thanks a lot for making the thread, Misguided the unfortunately named!

Was inspired to dig out my ongoing cursed run last night. Got from 28 to 43.

Second loop ending was blessedly easy due to a Barbarian with a dumbbell and a thimble (+4 dmg to sides with >=4 pips and no self harm during own turn (aka Feel No Pain)). But the real heroes were down the middle stretch where I was saved from wipes multiple times by a rogue with a ritual dagger (kill self, resurrect team) combining with a surgeon to revive the rogue. At one point it was just the surgeon and a need to roll their health+mana side to just about survive a troll attack and be able to get the Rogue back on deck. (Also, not a shred of cleanse in the entire run, so rebirth was the only way to remove poison and petrify!)

It’s funny how if you have + revive ability in your team, it can be better to let guys die (ofc they still start at half health next fight).

It’s always a challenge trying to get weakness/cleanse/revive on top of some healing.

Have you played Blursed mode?

Is that the unlock for losing Cursed? This is still my first run so not there yet

Yes. It’s the same as cursed, but you start with blessings and add a new one each loop. Pretty great.

OK, ended up buying it after I played the free 12 levels. Kinda wish I bought it on PC instead of android though. It’s pretty fun, a couple tense moments where 1 of my guys went down, but getting to level 12 wasn’t bad - but it felt hard enough so I needed to pay attention.

I can’t beat loot mode. Not even on easy.

It’s really tough, but I keep trying, lol. I actually was working on unlocking a few more tier 1 classes before trying again. I’ve made it to the final boss a few times but haven’t won yet.

I appreciate how the different twists on the game modes get you to approach things differently, value different items, etc

This game’s ruined the Great Consumerism Holiday. I don’t need anything else anymore.

Where is the like button?

This is very good. Thank you for putting it on my radar.

The game makes you feel so smart for playing it like it really wants you to play it. This has been Into the Breach levels of player’s rewarding.
I’m so happy with myself, and the time flies. Thank you, beautiful little game!