Slitherine Announces Gladius - Relics of War

When you build the claim tile project in the city and pick the tile with the bonus on it, that whole city gets a bonus. So plop that city next to the +20% research bonus and build all your research there. The tradeoff is that there’s no building space on that tile for buildings, but it’s a good reason to specialize your cities for their tile yields (eg. an imp guard player enjoys life a lot more if you can find and get a city onto an ore bonus tile).

So just having the city next to it doesn’t do that, I actually have to claim the tile to get the % bonus. Correct?

Correct.

Put a unit on it -> capture -> flat +2 bonus

Put a city near it -> claim it -> +20% for the city (Fortresses send the +20% back to the SM HQ)

This is all independent of the tile yield bonus iirc.

Much clearer , thanks!

OK, so put a city near it but don’t claim it is equivalent to having put a unit on it. That is incredibly not clear in the game, so I appreciate the clarification!

No , you have to capture it no matter what.

You claim it for the bonus.

@Sareln did you play all the campaigns? I saw each faction has one. Are they worth the time needed? Or does any one stand out?

Huh? It gets “captured” just by putting a city next to it, that’s not in question. That gives the flat bonus, claiming the tile adds the % bonus, or at least that’s what I’m understanding here.

I thought it gets captured by walking a unit over it. No?

Putting a unit on a tile, OR putting putting a city directly adjacent to the tile will achieve the same effect. You probably never noticed b/c you’re nearly always claiming all the tiles with units ASAP and the cities come much much later.

I played the campaign missions to the end for Tyranids and Space Marines. I played some conquests as Imp Guard and Necron. I still suck at Orkz.

Edit: The campaigns are okay lore wise, they’re kinda just full of spawning gotcha’s mechanically though.

Either way. The act of building a city or fortress adjacent also captures it.

Units can capture the resource tile, thereby providing the flat +2 bonus.

Cities that have a city tile adjacent to the resource tile can use the Claim Tile build action to claim it, thereby adding it to the city, which provides a +20% to the city. For the Space Marines, they can also remotely build a Fortress adjacent to the resource tile for the same bonus.

No. The city must use the Claim Tile build action to add it to the city before it receives the +20% bonus.

Sorry, lack of clarification in terminology. Building a city adjacent puts a dotted colored border around it equivalent to walking over it with a unit. You get the flat bonus from that. You have to claim the tile with the city to get the %.

Ok I think we got it! :D

But who’s on first?

What’s on second.

I don’t know’s on third.

Ok, now that we have properly self-identified as OLD people…time for a nap

Switching from OpenGL to Vulkan.

I see this one on sale for 35% off, current hive mind consensus: buy or no buy?