Slitherine Announces Gladius - Relics of War

Correct.

Put a unit on it -> capture -> flat +2 bonus

Put a city near it -> claim it -> +20% for the city (Fortresses send the +20% back to the SM HQ)

This is all independent of the tile yield bonus iirc.

Much clearer , thanks!

OK, so put a city near it but don’t claim it is equivalent to having put a unit on it. That is incredibly not clear in the game, so I appreciate the clarification!

No , you have to capture it no matter what.

You claim it for the bonus.

@Sareln did you play all the campaigns? I saw each faction has one. Are they worth the time needed? Or does any one stand out?

Huh? It gets “captured” just by putting a city next to it, that’s not in question. That gives the flat bonus, claiming the tile adds the % bonus, or at least that’s what I’m understanding here.

I thought it gets captured by walking a unit over it. No?

Putting a unit on a tile, OR putting putting a city directly adjacent to the tile will achieve the same effect. You probably never noticed b/c you’re nearly always claiming all the tiles with units ASAP and the cities come much much later.

I played the campaign missions to the end for Tyranids and Space Marines. I played some conquests as Imp Guard and Necron. I still suck at Orkz.

Edit: The campaigns are okay lore wise, they’re kinda just full of spawning gotcha’s mechanically though.

Either way. The act of building a city or fortress adjacent also captures it.

Units can capture the resource tile, thereby providing the flat +2 bonus.

Cities that have a city tile adjacent to the resource tile can use the Claim Tile build action to claim it, thereby adding it to the city, which provides a +20% to the city. For the Space Marines, they can also remotely build a Fortress adjacent to the resource tile for the same bonus.

No. The city must use the Claim Tile build action to add it to the city before it receives the +20% bonus.

Sorry, lack of clarification in terminology. Building a city adjacent puts a dotted colored border around it equivalent to walking over it with a unit. You get the flat bonus from that. You have to claim the tile with the city to get the %.

Ok I think we got it! :D

But who’s on first?

What’s on second.

I don’t know’s on third.

Ok, now that we have properly self-identified as OLD people…time for a nap

Switching from OpenGL to Vulkan.

I see this one on sale for 35% off, current hive mind consensus: buy or no buy?

A definite buy imho.

Strong buy recommendation if you have any interest in a turn- based SciFi combat focused game. The only real caveat is that there is only war, no diplomacy, it’s all fighting.

AI is some of the best found in a turn based game. It retreats when faced with overwhelming force. It pulls wounded troops of the line. It focus fires on units.

All four races play very differently. Lots of unit variety within factions as well, with different units playing different roles and a mix of units needed for victory. Units level up, which makes a big difference in their survivability. The unit variety is large enough and the tech tree is deep enough that I typically won’t use all the units of a given race in a given game.