"Slow" Internet Problems

Just wondering if any other Comcast customers are having issues right now. If I go to, say, Amazon, I’m seeing the images on the page load one-by-one, sort of like in the old dial-up days. It’s been like this for a few days now. It should be loading instantaneously. Other pages seem to be loading slowly. Google image search, the images are loading one by one.

I just did a speed test and I’ve got a 9ms ping and 872Mbps (109 megabytes per second) download, so that’s not the issue.

I’m running Windows network troubleshooting, and it’s saying that “your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.” Unfortunately, there are very few recommendations.

I’ve already tried unplugging and rebooting the router.

Any ideas?

Try resetting the router / clearing the router cache?

Can you monitor your routers resource usage?

Could try switching to Google DNS.

I’m re-flashing the router and going to factory settings.

I think I figured it out. I was using Malwarebytes’ browser guard, which is an adblocker, but also blocks other things such as malware, PUPs, and scams (MICROSOFT ALERT). I’ve been using it for a while and had no issues, but they must have had a bad update or something, because as soon as I disabled it the speed was back.

Using Adblock again.

Pro tip: Use uBlock Origin over Adblock. More effective, more trustworthy.

I have been having issues here in Seattle on Comcast, but it’s intermittent. Most of the time it’s fine, but occasionally in the last few days it will slow to a crawl for 30 minutes or so and then it clears up. I haven’t tried to troubleshoot it because it always goes away on it’s own.

I will give that a look, but Adblock tells me its the best! How do I know now?!?!!?!!?

4-18-2020 2-16-42 PM

Seconded. Two thumbs up. Etc.

Adblock says there are 49 blocked ads on this very page. Whose ads are they?

I switched over to uBlock Origin.

No Regerts.

I just use Brave. Works great on mobile too.

Dunno. I whitelisted Qt3 long ago.