Small office printer exploded - need recommendations

The HP color Laserjet 3500 my office uses just exploded, and I’ve been assigned the duty to find a new one.

Basically need one for:

-small office use (4 people printing fairly regularly)
-very nice color quality
-network capability
-prefer the ability to print 50+ color pages at a time without dying
-prefer ink cartridges that wern’t more expensive than the printer

We really liked our HP, the color quality was very nice, but it’s almost dead after a year of use. Sometimes we have to print out very large batches of paper for new clients, which may have been what killed the HP. Paper began to wrap around the heating element jamming everything up.

Doesn’t have to be HP again. Would prefer to stay away from $200 ink cartridge replacements if possible. We have $75 off of Staples.com if that helps.

I’ve been basically satisfied iwth the Xerox Workcentre m20i that replaced my HP MFP3300’s (i had two, the ADF broke on both).

The good:

• 50 page 2-sided ADF or printing.
  • Reliable ADF

The bad:

• Network printing is good, but network scanning nonexistent. Can only scan from USB out of the box.
  • Software sucks. It should have some ability to capture all faxes or forward them to PC easily.

However, HP software also sucks. Brother printers not good for any medium duty because of relatively expensive toners.

Also, I refer you to this thread from August: http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=46257

Edit: Note that the xerox I have has no color!

can you post a picture of this burnt out, exploded printer? curious minds want to see some techno-carnage.

If you wan’t to go the Staples route get an HP. Another cost effective option would be a Dell color laserjet. We’ve slowly been converting to Dell printers versus HP for workgroup and office printers.

For higher end stuff we use Xerox, also a good brand and Staples even sells the workgroup level printers for them.

All comes down to what you want to pay. We got a CLX-6200FX recently; it’s a multifunction device that does everything we wanted except stapling.

Thanks!

PC LOAD LETTER?!?