Smallville: The Series - worth it?

Well that’s where Chloe ended up… I recall seeing her 3 or 4 years ago on The Following where she played a town cop for a single episode.

From that above article, “Her nickname among defectors is ‘Pimp Mack.’”

How? Just… how?

WTF~~?!

Though, I’ve always disliked Kristin Kruek, so this isn’t even a huge surprise.

“This actor isn’t very good at acting, of course she’s indoctrinating people into a sex cult.”

While she isn’t good at acting, that’s not why I do not like her.

Well sure, I guess the indoctrination, enslavement, and rape of dozens of women is a bummer too.

From what Ive read, Kreuk was not involved in the sex cult. She was part of the legitimate side of things. Mack on the other hand was arrested and arraigned as the #2 person involved, the right hand man of the sex cult, as it were. I dont believe Kreuk has been arrested.

It sounds like she was part of the sex cult, but it got too creepy (with the branding, etc.) and she got out.

Edit: Whatever.

<HROSE>I made that obvious joke when the news first came out!</HROSE>

Well I’m just teasing, but it was still a funny statement without any more context. “I’ve never liked them…” is a pretty mundane preface for “not being surprised they recruited for a sex cult”. I’m sure there’s more to it than that, but you didn’t explain.

I was just poking fun! I used the HROSE tag! No need to edit out your post man.

Oh yeah, no worries, I was just a little irritated from another thread at the same time, nothing to do with you. My issue with Kristin is she just seems awful, like looking into a shark’s eyes. I can’t really explain it, but I’ve never thought much of her in anything she’s done (which is thankfully not much) and just watching her on the show nearly got me to abandon it (which I do wish I had done YEARS before it actually ended, but that’s probably another discussion)…

I feel bad now for not joining more clubs in high school.

This remains my favorite CW show of all time. :)

No accounting for taste. Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, and to a much lesser extent Supernatural were all on the CW.

Smallville actors were garbage. Superman was played by an affable but continually befuddled underwear model. Kristen Kreuk was smokin’ hot but she couldn’t act her way into preparing a ham sandwich. Her nonverbal tics annoyed the everloving fuckstick out of me, and I’m known to watch terrible shows if the girls are hot. I watched Honey. Chloe was the best actor of the bunch but it turns out she’s an accessory to cult mindwashing and rape. Well, the actress was, anyway.

The guy playing Lionel Luthor was excellent, and Lex wasn’t bad either. But that’s about it.

I liked the Wall of Weird

For those that feel nostalgic for the show, here’s a Collider interview with Welling, Kreuk & Rosenbaum.

I 100% agree with all of this, it mirrors my own thoughts quite well.

I enjoyed the first few seasons but after so many years I kept assuming/hoping it would be the last season and it just never was for years and by the end of the show I felt like a hostage unable to escape - and then the finale wasn’t even super worth the journey. Just… no thanks, Smallville.