Smallville: The Series - worth it?

Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex last episode.

I thought the last episode was the worst of of the season. I liked watching Lois and Clark talk openly about his powers and whatnot, but the village of the damned plot did absolutely nothing for me at all. It was sort of cool to see the kid that played young Lex back in the day come back to play Lex again.

That kid really does look like a young Michael Rosenbaum. Great casting there.

I think I might have missed something in the last episode. Was there any reason or explanation given for Clark surviving the oil rig blowing up while he was trapped in a kryptonite cage?

It was like that scene just didn’t finish. “Hey, I’m trapped in a kryptonite cage and the platform is blowing up,” followed by Clark just chilling back at Watchtower.

I felt the same way; in fact, I rewound it thinking I missed a scene somewhere. That was pretty clumsy even by their standards, especially when they could have solved it with a just a throw away line in the next scene.

Also, what’s with all the sports metaphors, Aquaman? Seemed like half his dialogue with Clark was Sidelines this, Team that, Bench whatever.

Football season.

It’s a way to not lose audience members because boyfriends can’t stand watching the show with their girlfriends.

If I recall the opening credits, Welling directed the episode.

I can’t believe Michael Hogan was willing to wear the eyepatch. Surprised they didn’t amputate Gaeta’s leg too.

I was waiting for them to play out the final group scene with Lois to "All Along the WATCHTOWER."

Damn, well done, sir.

Well only 7 or 8 episodes remain, anyone still watching?

Clark has been re-inspired to be the man of steel again in the last episode thanks to some webcam videos :p

With Glover being back and Rosenbaum coming back for the last 2-3 episodes or so I’ll be watching it until the end.

I did think the webcam shit was kind of lame but that kind of fits with the entire show.

I was just happy they killed off hawk man, because Shanks was just absolutely awful as him. It’s like he forgot what acting was.

WHAT ?

:D

When was this announced?

I’ve come this far, I might as well switch this on before Fringe. I’ve always liked Allison Mack, but her character is worn out. The juxtaposition of Lex and Clark fighting against their destinies was the heart of the series, and when they reached that point (Lex murdering his father), the series missed its natural end. Lois and Clark’s relationship has been the one saving grace since then. But pretty much everything has been foreshadowed such that the actual end is going to be anti-climatic. Time for the various actors to move on.

Feb 11. As far as I understand it, he’ll be back for the two hour series finale. It’s the proper closure to the series.

Indeed, the series has been its weakest since he left.

That’s not really saying much. ;)

Plus, it DID get a lot better when Lana left (finally). Then it got worse when she came back. Now it’s better again.

Yeah didn’t she come back , and was like in Japan or something?

I remember it was quite bad.

It’s been great seeing all the old characters I love; Jonathan, Martha, Lionel, Chloe, and none of the characters I hate; Lana, Pete.

Yeah, she was like a ninja witch or some shit. It was terribad.