Smells Like Teen Spirit (A CBS Comedy)

Just shoot me now.

Just when you though you’d outgrown the angst!

How exactly could they use that as the title? That’s just wrong. I really hate TV for the most part. Give me sports and movies and a few selected series and nuke the rest from orbit.

You can’t copyright titles, as my media law professor drilled into us. I could create a Broadway play of famous actors hitting each other in the face with pies and call it Stars at War, and George Lucas couldn’t do anything about that.

You can trademark titles, though.

But what about famous(h) titties?

DOLLY PARTON

I realize that but I’m amazed chutzpah since I can’t imagine the show captures anything of the song. Why not have a sitcom about workers in a factory producing whack-a-mole arcade games and call it “On the Road: The Beat Generation.”

It’s a working title they’re using presumably because the parents are 90s indie rockers. If the show ever makes it on air, it will probably be called something else.

-Tom

I’m beginning to think that perhaps Courtney’s not so insane after reading about this.

Don’t worry. When it finally goes to air the show will be renamed “Rape Me”.

Jesus, is this a sitcom where the parents are my age?

I feel a quarter life crisis coming on.

Jesus, is this a sitcom where the parents are my age?

I feel a quarter life crisis coming on.

“The multicamera comedy revolves around an 18-year-old budding entrepreneur who forgoes Harvard and instead opts to launch a multibillion-dollar Internet company from his garage with the assistance of his sister, best friend and his 1990s indie-rock parents.”

Dharma and Greg Get Old?

I think I would prefer a drama about a family of winemakers who scheme and back stab each other. You could call it, oh I don’t know, “The Grapes of Wrath”?

How about a sitcom based on the old “Wild and Crazy Guys” routine from SNL? Probably want to put an Eastern European name in the title, though, so viewers know they’re in for wacky Slavic ethnic humor. I think “The Brothers Karamazov” would be perfect!

What are 1990s indie-rock parents? People that were in a 90s indie rock band or people who currently listen to Lithium?