SNES CLASSIC EDITION

SNES CLASSIC EDITION ANNOUNCED AND DATED

Share. Star Fox 2?!
BY JOE SKREBELS Nintendo has announced the Super NES Classic Edition, and announced that it will be released on September 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99 USD (prices for the UK and Australia are not available at time of writing).

The follow-up to the NES Classic Edition (which will be called the ‘Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System’ in Europe) includes 21 titles - including Star Fox 2, a game that had previously never been released.

A full list of included games follows:

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™
Star Fox 2 is the stand-out inclusion, a full sequel to the original Star Fox that was completed but canceled. A full version of the game has been known about for several years, but has not been released until now, apparently for legal reasons.

I didn’t see this out there, and I think it deserves it’s own Topic, separate from NES Classic.

I got a hold of the last one as a gift.I will probably get this for myself.

Only 21 games is a bit weak… :(

I doubt I’ll find one of these, never found a tiny NES at MSRP price either.

Haven’t played The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past , in over 20 years, I bet it still is amazing.

Good luck to all of you trying to get one.

That lineup is fantastic and I don’t think I’d swap any of these out, given the 21 game limit. But I can’t make myself care too much given the supply issues of the NES Classic (and the fact that I own almost all these carts anyway).

Wow, a Star Fox 2? I want to track down this machine just for that.

Damn it.

So pretty much if you see any supply of these at MSRP , buy them all. :p

But they’re really good games. If Nintendo handles supply better, I’m a lot more interested in this than I was the NES.

Pretty much the same, and not for lack of trying. But for curiosity sake, lets see how it stacks to my top 10 SNES games list

Only missing Super Return of the Jedi and Chrono Trigger. Plus Donkey Kong, Kirby, Secret of Mana (why the no CT, they have two mega JRPGs), Yoshi, and unreleased Star Fox 2? Know what? I’ll take that.

So people knew about Star Fox 2 before this? Can someone find an article on it? Why was it finished but never released? Is it because the game itself wasn’t going to be very good? Or just that they didn’t want to release something for SNES when the N64 was on the way already? Or some other reason?

Suggested is the key phrase here.

Will be $350 on Ebay.

Also worth noting this includes two controllers.

Just realized from that list, I’ve never played Yoshi’s Island™. Along with Starfox 2, obviously.

D:

Yeah, that’s pretty much me. No real interest in the NES, mainly because of the games (either overplayed already, or not that good). But this, I’m interested in. Still wish they’d just do it via Virtual Console on the Switch, but there you go. Pricing-wise it’s probably less than they’d be charging for the games anyway.

Would have had interest, but after the supply chain fuckery on the NES one they can go to hell. No thanks.

This is one of those things I can get extremely excited about (FFIII! Zelda!) but then immediately downgrade my excitement to ho-hum, great news but I’ll never even see one let alone own one.

Oddly enough, I’m less excited by this one despite liking the system more. A NES Classic is an amusing novelty to bring out for the kids or when friends come over. If I owned one, I’d fire up a game and play for 10 minutes before setting it aside.

Most of these games require too much investment. I may love FF3/6, but I’m never going to play it again in a million years.

I’m guessing the Ebay stock price just got a healthy boost today? :v

I think the reason the NES Classic got botched was because of pre-ordering. They based their projections on the pre-orders, and people thought they could just walk in and pick one up.

If you pre-order this, I think you’ll get one.

My thoughts exactly. That’s what I wrote in the other topic. Many of those games take waaay longer to complete.

Still… having one would be cool, but really, I’d play it once or twice and have it collect dust somewhere and become more clutter.

We have games that cost more than this console now, and that’s before the DLC and dozens of ultra premium titanium with diamonds versions out there.

There are a couple of games on there I never got to finish and the chance to play Secret of Man again… i’d say in all it’s glory but sadly this looks like it’s limited to 2 player.