SNES CLASSIC EDITION

Well I got my confirmation. We’ll see.

Walmart cancels all pre-orders, stating the product was made available in error. Sorry folks. What a fuck up

Guessing Nintendo has a set street date for preorders and Wal-Mart’s publishing mistake busted that. Ooops.

Nintendo has a plan to make sure this is an orderly process where everyone is happy.

Haha, well that’s nice of them to send a Dear Jane letter for there mess-up and why would any consumer care about that excuse letter. Their plans to master and compete with Amazon is well on it’s way.

Pre orders went live at 1:45am this morning and were promptly snatched up by scalper bots, because humans were sleeping. Way to go Nintendo!

There’s a new video showcasing some of the features of the unit, like save states and an interesting rewind feature.

But what’s the point of posting it if no one gets to play?

Seriously?

Granted that’s at morninghours in Japan, so maybe that’s an excuse (it’s not)

Oh well so much for giving Nintendo money. It’s okay. I pirated all those ROMs 15+ years ago anyway!

I’m so happy I don’t “have to have” one of these retro consoles. Seems like a huge source of frustration if you really wanted one.

That rewind feature sounds awesome. If my brother does somehow procure this for his kids, I’m going to try to visit my nieces and nephews more often. :P

Right now Target and Walmart have yet to post their preorders, so I’m watching NowInStock as I work today. Otherwise, it looks like the 5am Brickseek/Target camp long-game is the only way.

Getting real close to “fuck it, I’ll buy a Pi” territory here after whatever that preorder bullshit was. Let me give you my money, Nintendo.

And scalpers are already listing confirmed pre-orders on ebay , topping out at $400!

Good job Nintendo!

lNkjL_s-200x150

Amazon is canceling preorders in excess of one, according to their customer support. So another batch may go up today.

I think a partial solution to the scalping bullshit is to make these in-store only. No online purchases. That means Amazon is SOL, but it’s not like Nintendo will have trouble selling all 200k they produce through other retailers.

Looks like orders are already up for me anyone else seeing them?

Hmph. I signed up for notification when it became available from both Best Buy and Amazon. Got nothing. The current pages don’t even acknowledge that anything went on last night. Coming soon . . . .

Huh, the Nintendo apologists must all be sleeping in. No one leaping to Nintendo’s defense yet.

I imagine they are all too busy trying to get a preorder in at the moment.

Not sleeping in, though I desperately wanted to after eclipse chasing yesterday.

But I ain’t defending that. It’s dumb. Also scalpers can go piss on the third rail.