SNES CLASSIC EDITION

A proprietary port that siphons your hopes and dreams, and erodes your faith in your fellow man as you tearfully pay $400 to an eBay scalper while a phantom of Reggie smiles at you with his dead eyes.

Two of ^ those ports, HDMI, and USB for power.

What about graphics resolution? Will the games look blurry on a 1080p monitor?

Looks like there are a few options (CRT filter, 4:3, and Pixel Perfect) but they’ll all output in a display box so as not to stretch to widescreen. Should look fine but will depend on how well the game’s art style scales.

I want to like this post a hundred times

Does “Pixel Perfect” only mean 480i, or can you scale it by an integer amount to 1440x960 resolution?

The pixels will be square instead of 4:3. It’ll still output at 720p (apparently these are the same video options as the NES Classic, but since no one actually has one of those, I’m taking The Internet at their word here).

I have a NES Classic, and that’s how it works.

Wow, I did not realize NTSC/PAL pixels were not square!

Damn, those screenshots make it look way more modern than I was expecting. The CRT mode sounds like its great.

Reviews are popping up now:

The hype is real. I can’t wait to play Super Metroid for the 100th time. That’s not even sarcastic, I am so excited.

I’m waffling on whether to try and get one on Friday. I will probably swing past the local Target to have a look. I hope they get as many as people think they are.

My friends have an extra pre-order so I think I’m going to buy that one (assuming all their preorders go off without a hitch, they wanted two and ordered three “successfully”).

Brickseek is showing a drastic increase in numbers than the NES launch. Stores looking to have 20-40 instead of 5-10. Day one purchases seem more likely to be had.

Some best buy locations in NYC getting 250 plus units

Yeah, that’s what I’m hearing and seeing. I plan to try it around store opening on Friday. I was lucky with Switch the same way and they definitely didn’t get that many of those on day one!

Manage to buy one from the only online vendor over here that listed stock.

Of course, decent chances it might get cancelled and stock was indeed nonexistent. I won’t feel safe until it’s in the mail.

I don’t think there will be stock issues in a couple of months, but it would be nice to have it soon. I’m hyped!!!

I’m in line at Target right now! It’s a big line. These might sell out, again.

This is it at my local Target. Few others in cars.

I can’t take a picture of the whole line here since I’m in the middle of it. I got here at 6am and there were about 30 people queued up already. About 100 here now and this Target only has 82.