Sniper Elite 5 - Slo-mo bullet surgery and release the kraken

I guess this should have its own thread.

Woah, it says Game Pass at the end. Nice!

Gah, I haven’t played 4 yet.

Yeah but can I still shoot Hitler in the ball in this one?

I would assume so, and the ball (before and after being shot) at 4k 120fps will have extra detail due to DLSS and RTX.

WHOOOOAAA - one of my favorite coop games to play with my brother - but no PS4/5 option this time??? BOOOOOOOO!!!

It will be on PS4 and PS5. That’s just the Xbox/Windows/Game Pass version of the trailer.

Ah cool. Though, as much as I shake my hand and curse MS, their purchase of Bethesda and Starfield and the next Skyrim may come close to me having two consoles again.

I’m meh on this except for the fact this will lead to another Sniper Elite Zombie game.

I love the Sniper Elite zombie games.

I really love the open mission structure and ability to take them at as slow of a pace as desired for the most part.

Tom is going to step on so many mines.

If you uninstall Sniper Elite 4 from Steam does it remove all the Denuvo files? Or do you have to do it manually?

I can’t tell if that voice actor is supposed to be Churchill or Hitler.

I still need to play 4. These are a fun game I play when I can’t decide what else to play.

Very cool. The others were great co-op games. My brother and I had some great times playing the last couple together. They were open enough we had the freedom to plan our approaches and spot for each other. Hopefully they don’t make this an arcade game.

I’m really looking forward to this game. I loved the last couple, played the heck out of them. Zombie Army 4 too, but it is a very different type of game, just like the setting is in an alternate universe. I used my secondary arms more in one level of ZA4 than I did in entire play-throughs of SE4. Made sense in the game’s context, though.

If you like sneaking around & picking off enemies in a game with a reasonable ballistics model, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts was surprisingly good. I haven’t played SGWC2 yet, but the older ones in the series were turds, skip those. I don’t know what happened when they made SGWC, but the devs got their stuff together and made a vast leap forward. Not perfect, with things like checkpoint saves (I like instant saves, mostly because they save me time, but also because they encourage me to experiment with potentially good but likely stupid tactics). There’s a ton of DLC, none of which you need. I got some in a bundle and don’t think I used any of them. I recall it was one of the few games that I played primarily with a 338 Lapua Magnum and skipped the 50 BMG rifles (I think none of the 50s could be suppressed, so they were too loud to use without alerting every enemy within a quarter-mile). SGWC2 is 25% off in the Steam sale right now, I’m very tempted as something to tide me over to SE5.

Also, Ghost Recon Wildlands is great as an open world sniping game. Its drawback is that the weapon stat bars are almost always wrong, so it requires a decent amount of Internet research to actually find the best guns.

May 26…

https://youtu.be/s_AeRULyTnU

I’m still looking forward to playing it, and will probably preorder it, but another “Kill Hitler” mission? Why not Goebbels, or Göring, or Speer (which would probably hurt Germany more than losing anyone else), or Klaus Barbie, or a few of the Generalfeldmarschals that served on the Western Front? (IIRC, a couple of them were somewhat close relatives of the Queen, so you could be sent to erase that connection, but it is impolite to mention that it took WWI to get the English crown house to change their name from “Saxe-Coburg and Gotha” to the much more English-sounding “Windsor” in 1917.)

I think it was SE3 that gave an achievement for killing Hitler by shooting off his remaining testicle. In the “Kill Hitler Mission” genre, there’s nowhere to go but down from such a pinnacle.

These come out too fast, I still haven’t played Sniper Elite 4 yet!

Even in zeir videogames ze allied dogs are weak-wristed schwanzschlufflers. Too cowardly to face zer Fuhrers’ mighty quad (for what man could defeat four testicles in a zingle shot?), zey must portray only a solitary target for zeir quaking dumkinder.