Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Open-world sniper survival

I played it last year and really enjoyed it. It was pretty bug free for me. I find it a solid sniper experience with less scripted mission junk than most FarCry’s (I havent played FC5 tho).

Did you get to the 2nd and 3rd maps/zones? I’ve been meaning to get back to this.

I did! The good news is the game lets you freely travel between zones after a certain point which is nice. The second zone has some fun stuff, I was particularly amused by the one very specific “secret” tunnel that leads into the control room of the “secret” base in the mountain (it is 5 stories high and carved into a cliff face, hardly “secret” :)

But at its core the sniping is very fun and taking down bases & open world sniping is great. Like all such games however it is dragged down by the hand crafted story missions, at least in this game all of the story missions are fairly trivial so you can blow through them fast and get back to the fun.

Oh and like every such game it has a “oh noes you got captured and have to fight your way out of a village armed only with a pointed stick and whatever you can steal from enemies!” in the second zone. Once that minor annoyance is done though its back to fine sailing.

I recommend it, I picked it up for like $25 and got my monies worth easily.

Sounds good, I picked it up, looking forward to it.

The ‘trilogy’ is a buck at Fanatical:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sniper-ghost-warrior-trilogy

I assume the trilogy includes number 3 but don’t actually know :)

It doesn’t, unfortunately. From the bargain thread:

Fanatical is kicking off 7 Days of 7 Deals today with Sniper : Ghost Warrior Trilogy 4 for only $1. That’s a historical low for the series.
NOTE : “Trilogy” is misleading, as it contains S:GW 1, S:GW 2 and S:GW Art of Victory. Sniper : Ghost Warrior 3 3 is available for $10.49 (65%) during the sale.

How do these compare to, say, Sniper Elite 4?

I played GW1 GW2 and the Siberian DLC, overall they are super linear and pretty fun sniping games, I mean for $1 why not give them a shot? They are on par with the first 2 sniper elite games, minus the x-ray cam.

The first game is a bit visually dated fyi.

The only thread for the first 2 games is here, I think I have almost half the posts in it.

Done. Backlog is now +3.

:)

I just checked and it’s showing $20 for me. Did the sale just end?

It had 6 minutes left just a while ago, so I’m assuming yes, sadly.

I reinstalled Ghost Warrior 3 now that is has been patched a lot, gonna see how far I get this time. I never finished the first of 3 map zones. :p

I tried GW3 but after about two hours uninstalled it. It seemed…ok, but I guess I was too fed up from Far Cry 5 with this type of gameplay. Gonna give it a try some day, hopefully…

Ack, sorry, I hope I didnt give you bad advice.

No worries, it really had more to do with me spending way too much time with FarCry 5 just before. I still intend to get to it.

Still in Act 1 apparently, finished up the train yard. I don’t know why but I find this the most relaxing sniping game ever. Maybe the dumb AI? :)

Started at night and finished up at sunrise.

Made it to the winter area, also met another nice lady.

The briefing for the next mission had this fixed camera angle.

Haha, shameless :)

So wait, it has more maps? That’s cool.

Those landscapes look nice. How are you finding it overall? It’s sort of a lower budget, modern Sniper Elite right? I think since I played that, and also Wildlands, this might be a bit MOTS. Still, looks nice.

I found it to be more of a jankier sniper-focused Far Cry 3/4.