Snowmageddon in Portland OR

One winter here in Michigan, when I was renting a house with my brother, we had a large amount of snow and then it warmed a bit and turned to freezing rain. The end result was a massive ice pack on the roof of the house. The warming trend continued and it got sunny the next day. This caused the ice pack to begin melting, loosen from the roof and slide off… right down on to my brother Ford EXP. It flattened the roof of the car right down to the body of the car. The car was completely totalled. Its not a completely sad story though. Even though the car was fairly new, my brother wasnt very happy with it so he did end up with a shiny new camaro out of the deal!

Hah! I did that trick once, but one more story up while helping some of the older locals across from the old bowling alley in Ripley, MI at the base of the ski hill. I wasn’t on the ladder like that, but I did have something similar happen falling off the roof while doing the periodic roof clearing that is necessary up there.

Just like the guy in the video, though, I just fell in the soft snow bank and no harm done!

I can’t believe no one has mentioned that it’s sort of fitting that a criminalist shoots a photo of a murder of crows.

Didnt think it needed mentioning. After all it is his job to take photos of murder scenes.

:rimshot: Are you here all week, should we try the veal, etc.? ;-)

Is all the snow cleared away in Portland? Everyone ok?

Sunny day, no snow on ground, no ice, life is mahvelous :)

Yeah, that was getting pretty old. High today should reach 50 per the forecast. A week ago it was about 33, and for 4 days before that it hadn’t gotten above freezing at all (very rare for Portland).
I assume it was probably crazy cold in the Rockies and in the middle of the country during that time, right?

Edited because I screwed up the length of time we were frozen.

Here in the midwest we hit 60 on Saturday, and have been above freezing for over a week.

Yeah this winter is weird. It’s been rainy and in the 40’s here most the winter so far. We’ve only had about an inch and a half of snow so far total here in Annapolis.

The temps were pretty normal here in Utah during that stretch. We did get socked with some really heavy snow on Saturday, though, I spent around 3 hours shoveling it off my driveway and still ended up getting snowed in for the day.