Snowrunner, aka Spintires 3, aka Mudrunner 2

That DLC looks really neat; I like the look of the eight-wheeled Bandit. Need to make time to get back to this, I agree it’s a GOTY contender.

I’m waiting for mod support to come to consoles before buying any of the DLC and jumping back in to this. Hopefully there’ll be a sale on some or all of it by then.

Picked this up for PlayStation in the Black Friday sale. Only basically just got out of the tutorial, and drove around to the watchtowers on the first map.

Do I understand this correctly that when I take a mission that wants me to deliver metal/lumber/concrete whatever, that each mission wants a particular trailer load of the materials? I was trying to take metal to repair a bridge and came to a downed power line tower, which also needs metal, but it either doesn’t want the metal from the trailer I was already towing, or I don’t understand how to use it.

Follow up question, is there anyway to reset a trailer I’ve dragged somewhere and gotten stuck?

Why would you want to undo a win condition?

If it’s a mission like that, that just wants generic goods supplied somewhere, then it doesn’t matter where they came from (the map will highlight where you can find/buy them). If it’s a bespoke request, like a particular trailer, then yes you need to do bring that particular one. I suspect in this case you don’t have the relevant mission active, or haven’t activated it yet (always remember to activate missions as and when you discover them, or you’ll have to go back later and do it before you can complete them).

As for resetting, again, if it’s a mission critical trailer/truck, yes. If it’s just one you bought, or that is lying around the map, no. The whole point of the game is digging yourself out of these messes, though it’s a lot easier once you’ve unlocked better stuff.

I recall that fairly early in the first map there was a mission that required delivery of a specific trailer and that I ran into this same issue. Probably the same mission!

I don’t believe so. The game gives you plenty of free trailers and you always have the option of purchasing more. Won’t be too long before you have the means of retrieving that stuck trailer.

For trucks, as long as you can switch over to the truck and essentially claim it, you can recover those from anywhere. It took me awhile to figure out how to switch to trucks out in the field via the map, but it’s doable, so you should never end up with a truck that’s truly stuck.

Thanks for the heads up that this is on sale. May pick up the premium edition and see how it looks on the PS5. I’m having a lot of fun with mudrunner on pc.

As an aside, I hate the new PlayStation app.

It’s a beautiful game, but now that I’ve had the PS5 for a week I’m spoiled. Give me a PS5 version of Snowrunner! Give me ray-traced reflections in the water, and advanced rumble feedback and trigger resistance as my tires slip and grip the mud! It would be awesome, but that’s in no way a dissatisfaction with the game as it stands now.

I should be getting my ps5 this week if costco is to be trusted. I’m torn because I know I will want Snowrunner eventually but I’ve now bought mudrunner on 2 platforms (switch and PC) and have only played the first half dozen or so challenges (on each).

Question: Are there mudrunner style challenges in Snowrunner, or is it just straight to the campaign?

Xbox version is getting mod support.

Nice. Might finally get the season pass and check out the new content with some mod trucks now. Anyone got any favourites?

This came to the PS4 version as well. I’m still new to running snow, but I did confirm it works and browsed a bunch of trucks I didn’t know anything about for a while.

Season 3 is out. Looks pretty neat

I’m having some issues understanding how mud and vehicles react. I’m playing on the Michigan Dam map, and just ran the Hungry Workers mission getting food from the farm to the work site. When I was scouting the whole area, my pickup truck had a heck of a time getting down the flooded main road to the farm, so coming back, I ignored the main farm entry, and instead skirted the other side of the fields, there was a little lane along part of it and the other section, I’m afraid to say I broke down the farmer’s fence and drove on anyway. This seemed to work pretty well with the pickup, much better than the main lane which really is quite flooded.

So when I brought my heavy duty truck (still working with the one that was broken down next to the original garage but with AWD installed), I tried to go the same way. It got good and stuck trying to get over the drainage ditch. But once it got into the little lane that my pickup had found so easy, it got completely bogged down.

Is this because the ground pressure of the pickup is just much lower? I can’t quite figure it out. There are definitely other muddy sections of the map that the heavy trucks seem to have much fewer problems plowing through than the pickup, even though the pickup is pretty heavily upgraded (everything except for the mud-tires which haven’t been unlocked yet). So I was a bit surprised to run into a section where the opposite seemed to happen where the pickup had done great, but the big truck just completely bogged,

Also am I correct thinking that as far as getting more traction in the mud, a heavily loaded truck does better than an empty truck?

Here’s me getting stuck in the ditch, this part seemed more understandable than why once over the ditch the truck couldn’t handle the little lane next to the field.

I couldn’t get the truck to move and my pickup couldn’t get it out of the ditch either. I moved my non-AWD truck down and that couldn’t get it to budge. Finally I bought a loading crane for the non-AWD truck (leaving me with only $700), that managed to move the stuck truck just a bit, not very much. Then I brought the pickup in and yanked the truck sideways, which got it all unstuck.

I did manage to get the food to the workers, but haven’t quite figured out how I’m getting the truck back out. One I got past that ditch the truck bogged in the little utility road along the field, but the pickup was actually able to drag it all the way to the end of the field — was kind of surprised by that — it did chew up a lot of gas though.

Maybe going back the same way is the best approach? The main farm entry lane still makes me nervous, since it’s so heavily covered in water, and I don’t think there’s anything there to attach a winch to if you get stuck.

Had another look at the main lane to the farm. The pickup has a snorkel and I think the AWD truck does too, but this just looks nasty. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were more trees nearby for winching. But I think there are a bunch of sections where the only thing on both sides are fields and the fence posts aren’t winchable.

Oh man, if you think that farm is bad, wait until you get deeper into Michigan!

I certainly share some of you confusion about why some vehicles are better than others in different situations. I wish the game were clearer about what vehicle stats actually mean. And don’t get me started on the difference among various hitches. Ugh. But as you’re figuring out, a lot of the game is, well, figuring it out.

Once you get into snow, it’s a whole other kind of crazy. It turns out terrain and vehicles just don’t get along with each other.

Keep in mind everything is always refundable for full price. You can always cash in some big truck you’re not using. Think of your money as the total allocation for how much equipment you can field at once, but with an 100% flexible equipment loadout.

-Tom

For me it was the various tire types that had me confused. Like, what is the difference between UAD I, II, and III? Which one is best for mud? The game doesn’t tell you. I happened upon this Reddit post that pulls the numbers from the game files, very handy reference: