Snowrunner, aka Spintires 3, aka Mudrunner 2

I’ve been working on this mission too:

Next step, I take a risk:

It doesn’t go well:

Still trying to figure out how to rescue it.

EDIT: A log off to the side helped me out

Made it!

(I did run out of gas on the way, but luckily I’d already staged that second truck.)

When I use the Y button, I imagine a thwip sound effect to make me feel like Spider-Man.

-Tom

Really enjoying this game, man vs mud. If you lack an offroad truck, there is one in the first area of Alaska, though it lacks a fixed diff. Not that I know what that is irl obv.

I got the trailer basically to the destination in the end, before running out of gas about 20m short of the drop-off. No biggie, I can take it the rest of the way on another trip. But I’m taking a break from the game for a while before I do the resource runs again. I’ve got two new Games with Gold to check out in the meantime.

I’m doing some missions on the second map, but came back to it last night after a break and decided to collect the upgrades and vehicles etc on the first Michigan map. Should have done that first, really, and been more aware of selling stuff I won’t use for a while.

Really enjoyed my time back with it so the break did me good. Spent a lot of time trying to get a loaded scout trailer up the track that is almost a river near the factory on the first map. Succeeded! Delighted! :P

@Telefrog, any chance we can get the thread title modified to reflect the whole series? Seems like it’s not worth creating a new thread, but it’s cool to see screenshots and read about people’s muddy adventures.

I dunno , I think Snowrunner does need its own thread.

I mean its the same developer, but the publisher is the one who controls the Spintires license and updates that game now.

Truthfully Mudrunner should have had its own thread also. @Telefrog or @tomchick can move over the few posts for Mudrunner and Snowrunner that are in this thread. I shall make it now!

This confused me a bit at first but I guess it makes sense that you’d want to scope out the delivery area anyway. It’d be cool if these maps had coffee shops and diners where you could stop in for a hot cup of joe and pick up some jobs. Sort of like the equivalent of a tavern or inn you find in RPG’s.

Agreed!

Oh its done. :D

OMG where did this thread come from, lol, now we have 3 threads! I am so confused.

I feel like I’m not supposed to be here…

Enjoying this at times…can only drive so slow for about 15 - 20 minutes per week or so…but cool game.

Goddamn this game is beautiful

They did a great job with the color shading, their previous games had a haze filter of sorts to make it look foggy and everything was washed out looking.

Looks like Tom split this one off from the old Spintires thread while you were making the other new one!

The last time I played the game I had a desync in multiplayer when changing maps in Michigan. When I reloaded the game the truck that I had been driving (which I spent most of my money on) was missing. I’m not the only one to have had this happen and apparently I can get it back by editing a file somewhere, but it kind of killed my enthusiasm.

More eye candy:

Now that I’ve unlocked a better engine and tires for the Chevy pickup, I’m really enjoying it as a scout even though the Loadstar is more durable, has longer range, and is more powerful. The Chevy is just more maneuverable. Tiny gas tank though, and a gas guzzling engine.

I also just bought a new gaming rig and have everything turned up to Ultra.

Wait… Who is making Snowrunner, already? XD

Do you all recommend skipping Mudrunner and going directly to Snowrunner if I haven’t played any of them before? Thinking of picking it up on the PS4.

Personally, absolutely, but I need goal oriented structure in my games. It’s also much prettier.

Yeah, what @Ginger_Yellow said. This is one of those games where the tech and design get better with each iteration. Just start with Snowrunner.

-Tom