So I found a Human Skull

Back when I was working at the Empire State Building there was this ride. It was one of those things where you sit in a seat and they buckle you in. It was a big deal then. An Indiana Jones ripoff thing. Eventually they went out of business. So most of the crap that they had adorning the entrance to the ride went into the garbage,

As one of the guys at the time that had to sort garbage, on the loading dock, I was in a position to sort through the refuse from the ride.

And I found what I thought was a fake skull. I brought it home. I put it in a box and forgot about it.

Fade to now. I just went through the box and found the skull. It’s not a fake. It’s a very real, kinda small, human skull. The top has been cut off. But it fits real good. The jaw is hinged with a few springs. And the whole thing has a lot of what was once hot glue on it. Like maybe they had glued eyes in or such.

What are the legal issues here? Am I in trouble? I would post pictures but I’m worried. Should I bring this to the police?

This is not a joke. I have a human skull and I’m worried.

Seems like a perfect place to hide your arc reactor!

Or if you like pranks and possible legal problems: Crack it with a hammer and remove artificial bits. Fill it with raw beef. Bury it somewhere public like park leaving just a bit of the skull exposed.

It’s perfectly legal to own, buy, and sell human bones in the US. You can’t traffic in fresh human parts, like a liver for transplant, but it sounds like this dude has been dead a long time.

I’m not 100% sure on this, but a lot of the skeletons used in the United States before some arbitrary year like 1980 were purchased from oversees. Think of it as a way for Indians to sell products to the US before globalization. Hopefully that explains the “small size,” and it is not a child’s skeleton. That would be kind of creepy. Or, maybe creepier.

Was there really an Indiana Jones ride in the empire state building?

When you say “it fits real good” what exactly are you putting into this skull? That could have some bearing on the legal outcome.

As noted, there’s no legal issue. Med students get a box-o-bones to take home to study (half a skeleton, since both halves are the same). Its a weird thing to come home to your college dorm and find on a table, but it isn’t illegal.

Fill it with dirt and turn it into a planter.

Yea I’m a little freaked out wondering what on Earth you’re putting in the skull? “It fits real good”… the only thing I can think of that relates is a real human brain. <yuk>

I think he means that the top of the skull fits real good into the rest of it, where it was cut off.

Well now that’s just sick.

We had a skull in the fraternity, you had to kiss it as part of initiation. It seemed like the entire pledge class came down with something the following week.

Whatever you do, don’t trust the skull.

fill it with ale and raise a toast to Crom

lol - fair enough. I just wanted to let him know his line wasn’t lost … like tears in rain ;)

or to put it another way: I think, therefore I am. I think.

You know, when you explain a joke, that makes it not funny.

REALLY GOOD. REALLY. NOT REAL. REALLY.

Jebus, people. Can a Grammar Nazi catch a break around here?

Sure sounds like ya ain’t been to the South much.

^ grammer

Your welcome!

You evil person.