So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

Well, it worked for you-know-who.

Trump should totally get the Hell’s Angels to fill in for the Secret Service.

Altamont! Altamont!

I believe that the private security folks aren’t actually able to do real security stuff… as in, legally, only the secret service is able to do shit like carry weapons and crap around the president.

And who enforces this again? Trump doesn’t play by the rules unless he has to. Someone has to force him to, and no one seems willing to actually do that so far.

I can’t help reading that clause in a grammatically different way.

That should be on a bumper sticker.

I’m sure you mean Secret Service, but I cant seem to not read it as Schutzstaffel.

Well, he wants the private force in there so he can make them click their heels and say “Jawohl, mein Führer,” after all. ;-)

Turns out it was the White House CISO (Touhill?) who was forced to resign last night, not Secret Service.

Maybe the dude who was trying to get Trump to stop using his Samsung Galaxy S3 in the White House?

In 2017, the ultimate troll would be to hack Trump account and post “NUCLEAR ATTACK IN 5 MINUTES, RUN TO A SHELTER!, HAVE GOD MERCY US”. Troll has in it will cause mass hysteria and maybe hundreds of people dead.

If the recordings were really shut off for Trump’s call to Putin, it may be more than just Trump’s personal attachment to his SIM card.

Yeah, if the Chief Info Sec guy and an underling were let go, I suspect one of two things happened:

1. They refused when asked to turn off data recording on the Putin call (because it’s a huge breech of ethics and security) and were instantly let go.
    OR
  2. They’ve already discovered severe security breeches in devices being used by the Trump Administration (like all of their phones they brought in with them), wanted to shut it all down and issue secure devices to everyone, and Trump threw a fit.

Whatever happened, it certainly isn’t good news for cyber-security at the White House. We will have no secrets left 3 months into this administration. Total amateur hour.

Just as likely they have been ruled incompetent for not being able to stem the stream of leaks coming from the White House.

The new forum game of “which thread should this post go” is proving challenging.

The first comment in support of this move? “Democrats know it’s rife with fraud and abuse, why didn’t the article mention that?” Trump & Co. turning the country into a kleptocracy is perfectly fine, but for those po’ folk its always fraud and abuse.

And in more “Republicans are assholes” news:
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/south-dakota-lawmakers-declare-state-of-emergency-to-force-repeal-of-voter-imposed-ethics-law/

South Dakota lawmakers declare state of ’emergency’ to force repeal of voter-imposed ethics law

• Repeal an ethics ballot measure passed by voters
  • Declare a state of emergency so it can’t be put back on the ballot

Keep voting Republican, they only have your interests at heart.
/s

Keep voting Republican: you love being a piece of shit to your fellow man.

Unless there’s some context I’m missing, this is shamelessly disgusting.

Currently standing in line to get into theater for our townhall meeting today with McClintock. I got here half hour before it opens and the line I’m in wraps around the street. I don’t know if there’s enough room for everyone.

Lots of anti Trump signage and this district is staunchly conservative. I thought I would be under dressed but there are some folks here who look line Bannon rolled out of bed.

Edit. Shit there are two lines wrapped around the building and cops just announced the theater is full.

Burn it to the ground!

This is weird right? Are townhall meetings ever like this normally?

I guess they weren’t expecting this big of a turnout for a town hall meeting. According to this article there were more than 200 people let inside. Probably the last time there were this many people gathered there was when the hill people came down to voice their concern about keeping government out of their Medicare back when the ACA was being proposed.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article130781279.html#storylink=mainstage

Yeah but those people who feared Obama got their news from one source that said Obama was going to send in his negro army to confiscate all their guns and take their white women. Assuming we don’t suffer another 9/11 scale attack which results in Trump proclaiming himself president for life, I hope all these hind brain dwelling idiots live long enough to see themselves reduced to a marginalized voting bloc in which no one pays heed to their frothing rage of take back America or cries of reverse racism. I hope they all live long enough to see a gay atheist elected as their president.